Wednesday, July 21, 2021

BLESSINGS IN UNITY OF PURPOSE

My Dear Precious Child,
     In Paul's first letter to the Corinthian Christians, instead of complimenting them on their love or virtues, he expounded upon the love of Jesus Christ and My virtues displayed toward all people.  Because of the disorder and disagreements between the Christians in Corinth, Paul could not honor them with compliments.   When he ministered the Good News of Jesus Christ to them years earlier, he was appalled at their level of sexual sins, the level of disorder in their politics and their religious prostitution.  However, when he witnessed their faith and Christian virtues after their conversions, he left them to continue his missionary journeys with confidence in their life changes.  Yet, eventually their quarreling among themselves became known to other converts and Paul decided to write letters of correction to them concerning their sinful practices of jealousy and division in the entire body of Christ.  Some people claimed to be converts to the gospel of Paul, some to the gospel of Apollo, some to the gospel of Peter and some to the gospel of Christ. (I Corinthians 1:1-12)   
    My wisdom given generously to Paul in his first letter inquired if the body of Christ was divided into parts?  He asked in his first letter if his own body had been crucified for them or was it in the name of Paul that they had been baptized?   He did claim to have baptized several people but he wrote that it was not in his name of Paul that he did it, that it was in the name of Jesus Christ.  He assured the Corinthian Christians that he had not been called by Me to baptize people but instead to preach the gospel to the pagans in simple truth instead of wordy human wisdom like the philosophers speak.  He proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ in simple terms so that the cross of Christ would not be interpreted as being void of meaning. (I Corinthians 1:13-17)
    Paul reminded the Corinthians that the message of the cross of Jesus Christ was ridiculous to the unbelievers but to the believers it is MY POWER UNTO SALVATION FROM EVIL.  Years before the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ I prophesied through Isaiah that I would destroy the wisdom of the wise and thwart the cleverness of the clever.  (Isaiah 29:14)   Paul asked the Corinthians in his first letter where the wise men had gone and he wrote that I had turned the wisdom of men into folly instead of saving the world through human wisdom but instead I saved the world through the simplicity of the preaching of the gospel of Christ which is My wisdom and My power.  He observed that the Jews seek for signs and the Greeks seek for wisdom, and that the gospel of Jesus Christ became a stumbling block to the Jews and ridiculous words to the Greeks, but to those Jews and Greeks who embraced the gospel of Christ, it is My wisdom and My power.  He claimed that any folly of Mine is wiser than any wisdom of men and that any weakness in My plans are much more powerful than the strength of men.  (I Corinthians 1:18-24)  
     After Paul had gotten the strict attention of the Corinthians by correcting their actions of division and jealousy, he said that as brothers of his that they were personally called by Me even though they were not known for their human wisdom and none of them were influential and none were born into royalty.  He observed that it was through their simplicity that I shamed the wise and that I had used the weak men of the world to shame the strong humans.  Paul wrote that it was themselves as lowly born people, people who accounted for nothing, who reduced to nothing the unbelievers who thought highly of themselves. He wrote that it was My plan of using My wisdom through humanly unwise people that I reduced to nothing the people who thought they were something so that no one can boast before Me of their human wisdom.  He proclaimed that it was Me and only Me who had given My Life to you in Christ Jesus.  
    Paul, in his observations of the nothingness of the wisdom of human beings, he professed that I had made Christ your wisdom, your justice, your sanctification and your redemption, not any human being or any apostle.  He quoted Jeremiah who prophesied to let any person who boasts only boast in the Lord because it is I, and only I, who brings about justice in the world. (I Corinthians 1:25-31; Jeremiah 9:23)
    It was Paul's disappointment in the Christian converts in Corinth that led him to write such a scathing letter of bringing to the light their denominationalism and division.  Remember that in an equation it is the denominator that divides into the numerator.  I can only work in situations where there is unity because I am the Uniter.  The devil is the divider.  The Corinthians had allowed evil to enter into their gospel of peace and divide them.   My Holy Spirit caused Paul to bring to the light the Corinthians' yielding to the demons of division and denominationalism which prevails even in your world to this day.
    Your Father of Oneness and Unity

No comments: