Saturday, June 5, 2021

BLESSINGS OF DIVINE APPOINTMENTS

My Dear Precious Child,
     The Pharisee Saul was cruel and vengeful in his murderous hatred for and desire to kill the followers of Jesus Christ.   He went to Damascus with letters from the high priest granting him permission to arrest, bind in chains and send to prison any of Jesus' followers.  As he came near Damascus suddenly a blinding light from heaven enveloped him.  It was so powerful that Saul fell to the ground when he heard a voice asking Saul why he was persecuting Me.  Saul asked who was speaking and the Lord Jesus said that it was Him, to which Jesus told Saul that it was dangerous for Saul to keep offering vain resistance against Me. (Acts 9:1-5)
    Saul began to tremble and was so astonished that he asked Jesus what He wanted Saul to do.  The Lord Jesus told Saul to go to Damascus and he would be told what to do.  Saul's companions did not speak because of fear at hearing the Voice but not seeing anyone.  Saul rose from the ground and could not see even though his eyes were open so his companions led him to Damascus.  Saul was unable to see for three days and he neither drank nor ate in those three days because of the awesome experience that he had had with Jesus on the road.  (Acts 9:6-9)
    In Damascus there was a man named Ananias who was a disciple of Jesus Christ.  The Risen Christ told Ananias to go to a street called Straight and find the house of a man called Judas and ask Judas for a man by the name of Saul who was there praying.  Ananias had seen in a vision a man laying his hands on a man so that he would regain his sight.  The disciple Ananias was cautious because of the reputation that Saul had for being cruel and vengeful toward Christians.  Ananias complained to Me that Saul had permission from the high priest to put in chains everyone who called on the name of Jesus Christ.  (Acts 9:10-14)  The Lord Jesus told Ananias that the man to whom he referred was a chosen vessel selected by Me to bear My name to the Gentiles, to kings and to the descendants of Israel.  (verse 15)
    I assured Ananias that Paul would experience suffering and affliction for My name's sake.  Ananias left, went to the appointed house, laid his hands on Saul and told him that the Lord Jesus had appeared to him on the road and had sent Ananias to Saul so that he would recover his sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.  Instantly something fell from Saul's eyes and he recovered his sight.  Saul was baptized in the Holy Spirit.
    For the event of another divine appointment to have occurred according to My will, it was necessary for everybody concerned to have obeyed the instructions given by My voice, Saul, his companions, the house owner Judas and Ananias.  Without all of the men having obeyed My Voice, there would not have been a successful ministry to the Gentiles.  It was necessary for Me to choose a man from the ranks of the Jews themselves and to do a mighty miracle for him in order for the Jews and Gentiles to believe in Me and My divine plan as proclaimed by him. 
    Divine appointments occur because certain people have heard My voice and have obeyed it.  Very often, My Voice is heard sounding like the thoughts of the person himself, but the person follows the leading of My Voice in his or her thoughts.  Blessings occur when My guidance is accepted and acted upon because there are divine appointments all along the way.  
   Paul's ministry to the Gentiles would not have happened if Saul had not instructed his companions to follow My audible Voice and take him to Damascus and if Ananias had not followed My guidance and sought the man Saul in which to lay his hands on him and allow Me to heal Saul's eyes.  That event included you and your Christian sisters and brothers in My divine plan for the salvation of the world and humanity many, many years later.
    Following every instruction that you hear from Me will determine if the divine appointments that I have ordained will unfold into joyful blessings for you.  When you do follow My urges, motivations and instructions, the ensuing ground on which you will walk is holy ground because the path has been prepared by Me through My angels.  The history of both Saul and Ananias is proof of that truth. 
    People easily follow the temptations of the devil which occur in their thoughts.  Oh, that My children would just as easily follow My instructions that I speak into their thoughts.  Heaven on earth awaits when My children follow My guidance and My leading which results in the blessings of joy that flow from participating in thrilling divine appointments.
    Your Father of Workable Instructions   

No comments: