Friday, December 7, 2007

God's Earthly Temple


Dear One,
To give good care to your body and mind and spirit is good stewardship. It is good caretaking because when you take care of them you are taking care of your most prized possession, your spiritual abode, your temple of the Holy Spirit.
Under the old covenant the priests gave meticulous care to the temple. That was part of their duty to me, their offering to Me.
The outer court, the Holy place and the Most Holy Place represent your temple, too.
Your body is the outer court and great care must be given to it to preserve it so as to allow it to serve the Holy Spirit completely.
The Holy place is the mind. Much care must be given to it to keep unwelcome guests (despair, guilt, condemnation depression, perversion, defeat, anger, etc.) from entering it.
The Most Holy place is your spirit where I live and from where I dispense the power to transform the rest of your temple, which is your body and mind, into My image. From your Most Holy place I can transform the rest of the world by meeting the needs of others.
Take good care of your body, mind and spirit so that My love can flow from you in great degrees to other people and meet their need for My unconditional love.
Love, God
Proverbs 4:23; I Corinthians 3:16
photo compliments of Morgan Frederick at www.flickr.com

No comments: