Tuesday, March 9, 2021

BLESSING TRUTHS


My Dear Precious Child,
    As Jesus was astounding the crowds with His wise teachings, the religious and political Pharisees were determined to prove that He was opposed to their religious practices so that they could have Him arrested and convicted of being a law breaker.  After He taught about His burdens being light, He and His disciples were hungry and they spotted a field of corn and they began to pick the ears of corn and eat them.  That  was just the action for which the Pharisees were looking in order to accuse Him.  They wanted to make sure that the people in the crowd noticed their actions so the Pharisees called attention to their action by loudly speaking to Jesus, "See that!  Your disciples are doing what is unlawful to do on the Sabbath." (Deuteronomy 23:25)
    Jesus replied to the Pharisees that in relation to their complaint, "Haven't you read what David did when he and the men who accompanied him were hungry?  David went into the temple and ate the loaves of bread which was neither lawful for him to eat nor for the men who accompanied him to eat, but it was only for the priests to eat." (Leviticus 24:9; Matthew 12:1-4) 
    Jesus also gave another example to the Pharisees of the truth hidden in the Law.  He asked the religious and political Pharisees if they had ever read in the Law about the Sabbath, how the priests in the temple violate the sanctity of the Sabbath, breaking it and yet they were guiltless? (Numbers 28:9) Then He told them that there was something greater and more spiritual powerful in their presence, more powerful even than the earthly temple in Jerusalem.   He was speaking of Himself and His body which was the temple of My Holy Spirit.  (Matthew 12:5-6)
     My Son was introducing to their thinking a new truth that I could live inside of human flesh in the earth.  He told the religious and political Pharisees that they were lax in not knowing that I said, "I want mercy instead of sacrifice," meaning that Jesus said that if they had known that proclamation by Me about mercy that they would not have condemned the guiltless people in the situation, referring to Himself and his disciples when they had picked and eaten corn from a field.  (Hosea 6:6; Matthew 12:7) 
    Then Jesus voiced a truth that was far from the understanding of the Pharisees since they did not believe that He was My Son.  Jesus proclaimed, "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."  He was greater than any rule, regulation or law.
    That proclamation of Jesus amplified the truth that He was My Son and that He was greater and more authoritative than the old covenant laws that governed the Sabbath.   In other words, His actions and His words were merciful to people and they overruled the old covenant Law that was used by the Pharisees to judge and condemn people.
    There was soon to come My new covenant into the earth, one of mercy and forgiveness taking the place of the old covenant of guilt and condemnation.  My new covenant would be instituted by Jesus Christ when He was crucified for the sins of everyone in the world, went to hell to pay the price for their sins, rose from the dead with the authoritative keys to heaven and earth, told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem for My promise to come into their lives, and then He ascended into heaven to sit down with Me, sending My Holy Spirit who was the source of His power into the earth to live inside of people who believe in His forgiveness of their sins.  My Holy Spirit would continue the ministry of Jesus in the earth through the people who are born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit.   My Holy Spirit would then become Lord of the earth, continuing the ministry of Jesus who had sat down by Me in My heaven.   (Jeremiah 31:31-33; Joel 3:1-5; Acts 2:1-4; I Corinthians 3:16; II Corinthians 3:17-18)  It is in the person of My Holy Spirit that My authoritative power over heaven and earth is now resident in the earth under My new covenant with the earth.   He empowers My children of promise with My power over all evil in the earth. (I John 3:8)
   Under My new covenant of love and mercy, My children who are led by My Spirit and pray in the spiritual language of My Holy Spirit are able to attain exceedingly, abundantly more than they dare think, pray, desire of imagine, according to the power of My Holy Spirit that is in them.  (Ephesians 3:20)
    Your Father of the Abundant Life
    
 

No comments: