Wednesday, April 21, 2021

BLESSING BECAUSE OF NEW BIRTH, NOT BY WORKS

My Dear Precious Child,
   As it got closer to the day of Pentecost when My kingdom came to live inside of My children, creating new creatures, Jesus Christ knew that His time on earth was limited.  Part of His reason for His coming into the earth was because of His teachings about My kingdom of God coming to live inside of and surrounding My children who yield to My appeal to become My children.   He began to teach even more specific parables about My kingdom so that My children would be prepared for the big day which was soon to come and also to recognize it. 
   He told His disciples a parable by saying that My kingdom of God is like the owner of an estate who went out at sun break among his workmen and talked about their payment for the day, which was one dollar a day.  Then he sent them out into the vineyard to work.  Later, at 9 o'clock, he saw other workmen who were eager to work standing in the marketplace.  He incorporated those people into his work force and told them that he would pay them whatever was right, which he considered also a dollar.  He went out at noon and saw other men who were eager to work and did the same thing.   Then at 5 o'clock he went back out  and found other men standing around with no work to do, so he asked why they were idle.  They said that nobody would hire them, to which the owner told them that they could work for him also and that he would pay them what was just and fair, which was also a dollar. 
    When evening came, the owner of the vineyard gathered the workmen together and he told his manager to call the workers together after they had finished their work and pay them their wages, beginning with the last and working backward to the first.   To the last ones employed, he paid them the full dollar, the same as the men who had worked since early morning.  Of course the men grumbled that the men who only worked an hour were paid the same as the men who had worked 12 hours.  The owner told the complaining men that they had agreed to work for a dollar, just the same as the other men so they had no basis for their complaint.  The angry workmen said that it wasn't fair that they got the same pay as the men who only worked an hour when they, themselves, had worked in the hot sun all day long.
   The owner told the men that it was his agreement with all of them for the same pay, so it was fair that they got the same pay.  He asked them if he was not permitted to do what he said he would do or did they still begrudge his generosity to the other men?  He asked them if their eyes were evil because of his goodness?  He told them that he had told them earlier that the first would be last and the last would be first.  Then He told them that many men were called but few were chosen. 
    Jesus was explaining the scenario of what was going to come when My kingdom of God came into the world on the day of Pentecost.  Even though the Jews had been operating under a covenant with Me for years, in My kingdom of God they would only be as evenly privileged as the Gentiles who had never had a covenant with Me in the past.  Yes, the Gentiles would receive the same glorious blessings and rewards of being My children as the Jews who had always proclaimed to be My special people.  Jesus Christ knew the struggles with evil that the Jews had experienced for years that caused them to break their covenant with Me.  He knew that when My kingdom of God came into the world on the day of the observance of Pentecost that whomever was obedient enough to be in the upper room in Jerusalem, whether Jew of Gentile, whether believer or pagan, that their experiences would be the same and their blessings and rewards would be the same, proving that I am not a Father who respects one child more than the other but that it is by faith that they would become My privileged children, not by their works for what they thought was My kingdom works they had done for many years.  The rewards and blessings are the same in My family of God because I am not a Father who respects one child more than the others.  (Acts 10:34)  I do not choose favorites. 
     According to the parable of the sower, if there are some people who do receive more blessings and rewards from Me is it never because of anything that I have done such as reward one child more than the others.  (Matthew 13:18-23)  If, in fact, one person has good ground and grows more wisdom and knowledge, then that person's gates are more open to My blessings and rewards because of his or her desire to seek Me and My righteousness, not because of My having rewarded anyone more than others.  In other words,  again it is by faith and not by works that My children obtain My blessings and rewards.  (Galatians 2:16; Titus 3:5)  When there are works done in obedience to Me, then it is still by faith because without the power of faith, which is My Holy spirit, it is impossible to even carry out My desires.  That is why James said that faith without works is dead. (James 2:24-25) The power of My faith in My children spurs them on to be obedient to My words in their lives, which causes them to inherit more and more of My blessings and rewards which are available to everyone who seeks Me and My kingdom of righteousness.
     In the parable of the workmen, Jesus was preparing the Jews for something which they had never experienced before, that being to have Gentile believers, whom they considered pagan unbelievers, to become just as blessed and rewarded as themselves because of the generosity of My heart.  He taught it in order to try to keep the Jewish believers from becoming bitter and jealous which would disinherit them from My blessings because those demons would separate them from Me. (Isaiah 59:1-2)  I wanted Jesus to cover all bases in identifying the evil that the devil might use to separate people from My blessings. 
     Your Father of Blessings and Rewards
 

No comments: