Saturday, May 12, 2018

FIRST IN THE KINGDOM

My Dear Precious Child,
    Jesus was questioned by a rich man about what good deed he needed to do in order to obtain "eternal life".  He had observed the wonderful miracles that Jesus did by the power of My Holy Spirit and he wanted to get in on the excitement.  The rich man had everything else and he also wanted what Jesus had, supernatural power.  Jesus answered the rich man by first explaining that Jesus, Himself, was not good, that all goodness comes from Me.  Jesus told the rich man that he needed to begin by keeping the commandments in order to obtain eternal life, that being the power of My Holy Spirit who empowered Jesus Christ.  The man was puzzled and asked which commandments he needed to keep.  Jesus told him all the religious ones needed to be kept in order to be as good as Jesus and in order to have the same amazing power as Jesus.  The rich man said that he already kept all of the commandments and asked what else he needed to do. (Matthew 19:20)  No person had ever been able to keep all of the commandments, so his profession was doubtful.   
   Jesus knew the state of the heart of the rich man, how he was attached to his wealth so Jesus told him in order to be perfect that he must go and sell all that he had and give the money to the poor so that he would have treasures in heaven, and then come and follow Jesus.  After hearing what Jesus said, the rich man went on his way.  Jesus knew that the man valued his wealth more than having the power of My Holy Spirit in his life in order to be made perfect in My eyes, the most valuable gift, the most valuable treasure ever given to a man.  (Matthew 19:21-22)
   The rich man's reluctance was a valuable lesson to the disciples of Jesus.  He told his disciples solemnly that, truly, it's very hard for a rich man to enter into the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, as hard as it is for a camel to pass through the eye of a sewing needle. (Matthew 19:23-24) 
   The disciples asked Jesus, "Well, then can anybody be saved?"  Jesus answered that with man it's impossible but with Me everything is possible.  (Matthew 19:26)
   Peter was concerned about himself and his friends who had left everything and followed Jesus, asking what they were to have as rewards.  Jesus told them truly that when all things were made new and the Son of Man, that being Jesus, sat down on his throne of glory then they, as children of Abraham, would judge the 12 tribes of Israel.  He was prophesying the day of Pentecost when My kingdom of heaven came into earth as it is in heaven, ending the old covenant and ushering in My new covenant when My Spirit who had empowered Jesus Christ entered into the earth by taking up residence in My children of promise in the earth, making them new creations. That glorious day happened when My Son Jesus came to live with Me in My heaven and He sent His life source, My Holy Spirit, into the earth to have new dwelling places in the hearts of My obedient children who seek My kingdom and My righteousness.  The children of Israel had to wait until the ministry of My Holy Spirit to the unbelievers was completed before they would enter into My kingdom of heaven as the first ones who were the last to inherit My kingdom, as prophesied. (Luke 2:30-32)
   In contrasting the rich man's reluctance to leave his wealth and follow Jesus, He said that anyone who had left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children or land for His sake would be repaid a hundred times over and also inherit eternal life, meaning that they would inherit the same power of the Holy Spirit who empowered Jesus Christ.
   Then Jesus said that many who were first would be last and the last would be first. He was referring to My commission to Him to call the poor, the lame, the brokenhearted, the blind, the captives and the bruised to Me. (Luke 4:18) They were the ones to whom Jesus ministered His healing power, the power of My Holy Spirit.  They were the people in the upper room when My Holy Spirit ushered My kingdom of heaven into the earth.  They were last in honor in the eyes of the wealthy, but they became first to experience My kingdom of heaven.  The people who were first in importance in religious and political institutions were the last to experience My kingdom because of their reluctance, just like the young man of great wealth, the last to give up their wealth, their man-given importance and their reputations.  
   Wealth, social status, political tenets, religious rules and regulations, even family devotions, when they are first in importance, must all be laid aside when My children enter into My kingdom of heaven by being born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit. Jesus said that you will be repaid 100 times what you have given up, plus you will inherit My kingdom of heaven and all of My glorious benefits.  When you have My kingdom of heaven in your life on earth as a result of being born again and baptized in My Holy Spirit, you have new motivations, new attitudes, new thoughts, purified words, good and kind actions, new outlooks, a new citizenship, and a new language with which to pray. (Luke 11:20)  You behold that all things become new. (II Corinthians 5:17)   Nothing compares to the joy because the marvelous benefits of being My child of promise are endless.  They are worth 100 times more than anything that you give up.  The rewards are more than you dare think or imagine and as a bonus you have My Holy Spirit, the source of all good life, inside of you as your power source, your counselor, your advocate, your strength and your guide.  He is all that you need. (Ephesians 3:20)
   Your Father of Promise                

"Eternal life" meaning a quality of life, not length of days.  It means the same quality of life that is in God, Christ and the Holy Spirit.
   Eternal life, or zoe, in Jesus is what made Him the Christ, the Son of the Living God

No comments: