Sunday, April 14, 2019

THE PROMISED REST FROM LABORS

My Dear Precious Child,
   The author of the letter to the Hebrew Christians was necessary because of the frequency with which the Jewish new converts to the Good News were returning to Mosaic Law as a companion doctrine to the sacrifice of Christ Jesus.  Because the instructions of Jesus was that they seek Me, seek My kingdom and seek My righteous as the way to salvation in which My children find a place of rest for their souls seemed too difficult and time consuming, so the converts believed the false prophets and began to combine the old covenant of Mosaic Law with the gospel of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. 
   There is no place in My instructions that made that combination of the old and the new covenants necessary or even to be desired.  In fact, Christ Jesus Himself taught that they should not pour new wine into old wine skins as a warning to His followers.  Yet, many of My children were gullible and lazy so they left My provision of faith in Christ Jesus and went back like dogs to their own vomit. The men submitted to circumcision which was merely a prophesy of the removal of the demonic veil over the minds of My children which can only be removed by Christ Jesus when My children are born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit.  Circumcision was never meant as a workable religious doctrine to cause spiritual enlightenment.  It promotes fleshly cleanliness just like the circumcision of your mind when you are born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit which provides spiritual enlightenment.
    In contrasting the two covenants, the author of the letter to the Hebrews wrote about the difference between Moses and Jesus.  He wrote that Moses was faithful to all of his house of Israel in doing what I called him to do.  However, Jesus was faithful to Me, and He was the high priest of My entire house and He died for the sins of the whole world.  Jesus deserves a higher glory than Moses.  Moses was a faithful servant but Christ Jesus is My Son and the Master of My house.  Also, you are My house, My temple in the earth, as long as you hold fast to your confidence in Christ.  It's like the difference between a builder of a house and the house itself. (Hebrews 3:4)  The author of the letter encouraged the readers to turn their minds from Moses and capitalize their thoughts on Christ Jesus. (Hebrews 3:1-6)
    As another way of comparing the Mosaic Law of the old covenant to the ministry of Christ Jesus and the new covenant of the Holy Spirit, the author of the letter reminded the readers of the rebellion of their ancestors when they yielded to the temptation of the devil in the wilderness where they wandered for 40 years  while the journey was only a few weeks journey away.  (Psalm 95:8-11) It was in that journey that I proved myself to them yet they still challenged Me to do more and more miracles for them.  They also tested Me by building idols for themselves to worship.  I said that they would not enter into My rest in the Promised Land.  With their rebellion and unity with the devil, they would have polluted the Promised Land if I had allowed them to enter into it with their rebellious ways.  (Hebrews 3:7-12)
    The writer warned the Jewish converts not to allow anyone in their church community to have a wicked mind and become so unbelieving as to turn from Me, their Living God. and adopt idols as their salvation, not even to make an idol of the old covenant.   He wrote that every day they must warn each other about having a hardened heart caused by a lure of sin because we can only be co-heirs with Christ as long as we hold firm to the end with faith in Christ Jesus.  He warned them again not to harden their hearts as in the rebellion.  He also reminded them that their ancestors who perished in the wilderness were the ones who had been led out of captivity by Moses and were on the way to a land of complete rest.  They died in the wilderness by participating in the devil's degradation after I had provided freedom from slavery and then provided food and drink for them as well as guidance by day and night in the wilderness on the way to the land of milk and honey which I had promised.  They tried My patience over and over and forsook Me for wooden false idols that they had built with their own hands which had no power to do anything for them except to curse them.  When they began to worship the man-made idols, the devil sent his demons to curse their lives. (Hebrews 13-19) 
    The author of the letter warned the readers over and over to listen to Me today, to hear My words of guidance so that you will enter into the day of rest that was purchased for you by Christ Jesus.   He sent My Holy Spirit into you to speak personally to you from the inside of you so that you will be able to have the faith and determination to follow My guidance.
   I also wrote later in the letter that faith comes by hearing My words.  When My children hear My personal words to them, which often comes in a dream, a vision or a revelation, then an explosion of faith happens inside of them and they know without a doubt that I will do what I promise. (Acts 2:17-19)  It becomes a gift of the power of My faith that has nothing to do with your human faith.  The gift of faith that comes from hearing My personal words to you cannot be robbed from you because they are indelibly written in your soul, which no man can take away.  It is My oath to you that what I promise, I will do.
    Remember that you are a watchman over your own mind.  Your enemy, the devil, never stops in his temptation to lure you away from Me and My mental and emotional rest that I have for you that comes from your having My gift of spiritual faith.  The only requirement is that you become led by My Holy Spirit and pray in My Holy Spirit and then everything will work together for your good. (Romans 8)  You will have peace in your mind and rest for your emotions.
    Your Father of Restful Provisions

No comments: