Thursday, April 18, 2019

YOUR BROTHER, THE HIGH PRIEST

My Dear Precious Child,
    My Son Jesus became the Christ, the supreme high priest who was not like earthly priests who only made animal sacrifices of animals for the sins of people once a year because without the shedding of blood there is no payment for sin.  Instead Jesus Christ became the sacrifice for the sins of the whole world by the shedding of His blood when He was crucified on the cross.  He went to hell as payment for the sins of humanity even though He never sinned.  Now He is in My heaven with Me and He sent My Holy Spirit into My children of promise so that He would provide the Spirit and faith necessary for you also to become My children.  Christ Jesus, having lived in the earth in the same type of flesh of all people, was tempted just like you are, so He has compassion and mercy for My children who miss the mark, sin, trespass and yield to iniquity.  (Hebrews 4:12-16) He is filled with My mercy and compassion so that My children can approach My throne of grace when you are in need of help.  Because He lives in you, you can also approach Me and receive the abundance of My help in times of trouble.
    Before Christ, every high priest had come out of mankind and was appointed to act for men in their relationship with Me to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.  Because I sent My Son into the world in human flesh, He is able to sympathize with other humans who are weak in the flesh and yield to evil.  That is why He could make a sin offering of Himself for the sins of all people.  My Son was called by Me to become the sacrifice for the sins of all of mankind.  That is why the scripture prophesied, " You are My Son and today I have become  your Father."  And then in another place in scripture I proclaimed, "You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizadek, and forever," Melchizadek means one who has no beginning or end. 
   Even though in the earth Jesus Christ lamented with tears and loud moaning for Me to not make Him become the sacrifice for the sins of the world; yet, He finally submitted humbly to My will for Him.  Even though He is My Son, He learned obedience through His suffering.  He was made perfect again when He rose from hell and came to sit down with Me in My heaven, having paid the price of going to hell for all of humanity.  He became the source of salvation for everyone who believes in Him.  He has been anointed with the title of high priest of the order of Melchizadek, meaning that He had no beginning and will have no end.  He defeated death in hell and thus is able to proclaim that He has the keys of authority to earth and to all of the dimensions of the heavens. (Matthew 28:16-20; Hebrews 5:5-10)
     The writer of the book of Hebrews said in his letter to the churches that he had many more things to say about the matter of Christ' entry into hell and His ascension into My heaven, but the people were too slow in their thinking to grasp the spiritual understanding of the truth, so it was a waste of his time for him to try to explain.  He even wrote that the people should be masters of spiritual understanding by now, but they still needed someone to teach them all over again the elementary principles of interpreting My words.  He said that they had gone back to needing milk instead of needing solid food.   He wrote that everyone who is still on milk cannot digest the truths of righteousness because they are still babies.  He knew that solid food is for mature people with minds trained to practice to distinguish between good and evil.  The writer was disturbed at the spiritual immaturity of the body of Christ. (Hebrews 5: 11-14)
     The writer appealed to the people in the churches to leave behind the simple teaching about Christ and concentrate on its completion, meaning what His life and sacrifice did for you so that you would have My power to defeat your demonic enemies.  He encouraged them to mature and not continue to have to go over the fundamental doctrines again and again.  He wrote that they needed to turn away from performing dead activities and instead to turn toward faith in Me, the teaching about the resurrection from the dead and also the eternal judgment for the devil and his demons.  Then the writer proclaimed that, if I was willing, that is what he encourage them to do. He wrote that as far as the people who were once brought into the light and tasted the gift of My Holy Spirit from heaven, having received the same Holy Spirit and appreciated the good measure of My Spirit and the powers of the world to come which they had received, and yet if they still fell away, he wrote that it's impossible for them to be renewed a second time.  He wrote that they cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified My Son and openly mocked Him.  He compared it to a field which has been watered by frequent rains and grows crops that are wanted by the owners who grew them, they are given a blessing.  But, another person who grows brambles and thistles is abandoned and practically cursed, and in the end his field will be burned down. (Hebrews 6:1-8)
   There were some people who would read the letter to the Hebrews who were in a better state of understanding and were on their way to salvation.  He wrote that I would not be so unjust as to forget the labors of the people who seek Me.  He said that I will remember everything that you have done, the love that you have for the name of Christ and the service you have done for the saints.  He encouraged the believers to go on showing the same degree of earnestness until the end, until the perfect fulfillment of your hopes become reality, never growing careless but imitating those who have the faith and perseverance to inherit all of My promises.
   Again the writer had the same complaint as Paul, that some people in the church were spiritual sluggards, waiting for Jesus Christ to come back and take them out of the corrupt world.  Christ specifically prayed that I would not take you out of the world but that I would keep you from the evil one. (John 17:15)  I did what He asked.  I sent My Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead, I sent Him to live inside of My children of promise with the same power that raised Christ from hell.  My Spirit is the same power that ministered through Christ Jesus when He cast demons out of people, healed the sick and taught about My Kingdom of Heaven coming to live inside of My children, which eventually happened on the day of the first real Pentecost. (Acts 2:1-4)  My children who are born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit, having experienced their own Pentecostal experience, they have the same power that Christ had when he walked in the earth. (I Corinthians 3:17; II Corinthians 3:17-18)
   My instructions to you through Christ Jesus was that you would come to a knowledge of the truth and assume your responsibility in the earth that I gave to you which is allowing My Holy Spirit through you to send offending demons out of people in the earth and send them into hell.  (Matthew 13:36-43)  That is the greater works that Christ Jesus said that My children would do after He sat down with Me in My heaven.  (John 14:12) 
   Spiritual sluggards never inherit My kingdom of heaven with all of its wonderful benefits.  My children who seek a personal relationship with Me, seek My kingdom and My righteousness will inherit My blessings while they are in the earth and in the world to come. (Mark 10:29-30) 
    Your Promise Keeping Father

No comments: