Wednesday, April 10, 2019

TITUS' INSTRUCTION AND CORRECTION FROM PAUL
My Dear Precious Child,
   My instructions and corrections to certain men in the churches which Paul had established sounded to outsiders like rules and regulations much like the Mosaic Law, but there is a huge difference.  The Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes and religious leaders used the Mosaic Law, at the direction of the devil, in order to judge and condemn My children because of their failures, their mistakes, their transgressions and their iniquities; in other words, their sins.  I forgive sins.  I do not condemn My children because of their sins. 
    My instructions and corrections from My Holy Spirit through Paul are for an effective purpose, to aid My children in avoiding the works of the devil, which was My original reason for giving the Law through Moses.  Because of the misappropriation of the Law by the religious and political leaders, it became necessary for Me to effectuate My mystery that was hidden from the foundation of the world, which is My new covenant of the Holy Spirit.  The mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory where I would come to live inside of My children in the person of the Holy Spirit, and I would write My words on their own minds and in their hearts, and then I could open up My new covenant to the pagans as well as the Jews, inviting all people to have a personal, one-on-one relationship with Me so that they will have the spiritual power of My Holy Spirit to avoid the works of the devil and also to defeat his works.
    In Paul's leading address in his letter to Titus, he proclaimed his close relationship with Christ Jesus and that he was an apostle who was chosen by Me to have faith and the knowledge of Truth that leads to true religion, which is having a personal relationship with Me, which is not through required obedience to any Laws.  Paul confessed that at the appointed time that I revealed My mystery and then he was commissioned by Me to proclaim it to the pagans.(Titus 1:1-4)
   Then Paul wrote in his letter that he left Titus behind to appoint elders in every church in every town.  He had told him to make sure of these things:
     That each man was of irreproachable character;
     That he must have been married only once;
     That his children must be believers;   
     That his children must not be uncontrollable and liable to be charged with disorderly conduct;
     Paul added these:
     That the elder, as My representative, must be irreproachable;
     That he must not be a heavy drinker or violent;     
     That he must not be arrogant or hot tempered.
     That he must not be out to make money;
     That he must be hospitable;
     That he must be a friend of all that is good;
     That he must be sensible, moral, devout and self-controlled.
     That he must be wise in the unchanging message of Christ Jesus;
     That he must expound sound doctrine;
     That he must be able to refute people who argue against the truth of the Good News.  (Titus 1:5-9)
     Those were the administrative requirements of Paul when he was sent to prison and left Titus in charge of the churches in different towns, telling him which men would be sound converts who would not divert from the Good News.
     However, the demonic enemy of the Gospel had done an effective job of subverting My plans of having churches which were embracing the ministry of My Holy Spirit in teaching My children until they were conformed into My image in the earth.  Paul wrote to Titus that many people in the church needed to be disciplined, especially those people who talk nonsense and try to make other people believe their nonsense.  He said that he was talking about the converts among the Circumcision, the Jews who had been born of My Spirit and baptized  with My Holy Spirit yet had returned to the Mosaic Law and enticed others who had found freedom from the Law to again become in bondage to the religious Law.
    Paul wrote that those men need to be silenced, that they pollute all families by teaching things they should not teach, and doing it with the purpose of making money. He told Titus that he needed to be severe in correcting them so that they would return to the faith and stop taking notice of Jewish myths which produced their doing things that they should not do as they were told by people who are no longer interested in the Truth. (Titus 1:10-14)
    In his revelation and  insight Paul wrote that to those who are pure themselves, everything is pure; but to those who have been corrupted and lack faith, nothing is pure because the corruption is in their own minds and in their own consciences.  He wrote that although they claim to have a knowledge of the Truth, they are outrageously rebellious and incapable of doing good. (Titus 1;15-16)
    If you will notice, Paul's suggested requirements for the elders in the churches are that they actually display the fruit of My Holy Spirit's presence in their lives of love, peace, goodness, kindness, mercy, joy, patience and self control.  The constant display of those characteristics are an outward sign of the inward grace that I had done in them by the tutoring of My Holy Spirit.  Without those constant characteristics, there is no transformation being accomplished in them by My Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23; Romans 12:2)  Everything that is produced by the transforming of your mind is My nature and the nature of Christ Jesus.  It is the transforming power that transforms the world.  Those characteristics are what the enemy tried to destroy in his works among the converts to Christ Jesus in the first churches and they were successful in polluting My children in many instances by sucking them back into loyalty to Mosaic Law, thus making the sacrifice of Christ Jesus of no effect.
    You are watchmen over your own minds.  Run from false teachings that either water down or divert you from the Truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He warned you about the polluters just like My Spirit did through Paul to the churches.  Listen to the gift of discerning of spirits which gives you an uneasy feeling in your spirit.  Run from the polluters.  They want to captivate your mind and rob you of the gift of salvation and your inheriting the blessings that I have for you.
    Your Father of Gentle Corrections     
    

No comments: