Thursday, September 16, 2021

BLESSINGS COME FROM SPIRITUAL TRUTHS

My Dear Precious Child, Paul's used letter writing in an effort to convince the Christians in Colossae that they needed to die to the things of the earth because they are members of My family of God and they, and you, have been raised up into heaven in the company of Christ. His good advice was for you and them to set your mind on things concerning higher realms such as where Christ is seated at My right hand. He emphasized for all of My children to be intent on seeking things that are concerning My kingdom instead of things that are of the earth. He reminded My children that they have died to the things that are of the earth, that your lives have been hidden in Christ and in Me. When Christ appears to take you to heaven after your body dies, then you will appear with Him in Glory, no longer My children living in the earth. (Colossians 3:1-11) His instructions in his letter to the church at Colossae were to put to death what in your lives is rooted in the earth, some of those being fornication, uncleanness, sexual passions, evil desires and the lust that is idolatry. Paul wrote that those actions are ones that provoke My wrath on the demons responsible for tempting My children which then cause My children to engage in them. My children inherit My wrath, not from Me directly but by osmosis from your yielding to the temptations to engage in participating in sin via the temptations of the demons of lust. His insight revealed that all people were once slaves to those demons. Those demons and their actions became their very life. Paul added that those demons must be exorcised from your body by his saying in his writing that you must put aside anger, quick temper, malice, insults, foul language, and that you must stop lying to each other. He reminded you that when you yielded your will to Christ Jesus that you put aside your old self with its past evil deeds and you put on from the inside a new person, one who grows in knowledge as you are formed anew in My image. In My family there are no Greeks or Jews, no circumcised or uncircumcised, no foreigner, boss, slave or free person. Instead, Christ is everything in all believers. (Colossae 3: 12-13) Going further with his positive challenge, Paul wrote to you that you are My chosen one, holy and beloved, so you must clothe yourself with heartfelt mercy, kindness, humility, meekness and patience, bearing up under the sins of other people, forgiving whatever grievances you have against one another. He wrote that you must forgive just like I forgive you. Even more compelling in his instructions, Paul wrote that you must put on Love which binds the rest of My virtues together and makes them perfect. His instructions were to let peace reign in your heart since as a member of My family and the body of Christ you have been called to peace. He added for you to dedicate yourself to thankfulness to Me because gratitude allows My kingdom of God to reign in your life on earth just like it does in My heaven. (Colossae 3:14-15) Paul simplified his same instructions that he had given to the other churches when he wrote to the people at Colossae a letter which encapsulating My admonitions into simple and precise words. Part of the instructions related to your battle with sexual demons who tempt you to yield to their lust and part of his instructions relate to your attitudes toward other people and their actions and reactions toward you. Christ's virtues in your life such as love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, mercy and patience are all the fulfillment of your having the mind and attitudes of Christ Jesus. It is in allowing those virtues to rule in your life that increase your inheritance of my good and perfect gifts in the earth. Your Father of Loving Attitudes

No comments: