Monday, October 25, 2021

BLESSINGS FROM OBEDIENCE TO GODLY GUIDANCE

BLESSINGS FROM OBEDIENCE TO GODLY GUIDANCE My Dear Precious Child, In the letter from Paul to the Jewish believers, He took a long time in his writing to try to explain to them the difference between the old covenant with Moses and My new covenant with people and the earth. He described Christ Jesus as the real high priest who had taken His seat at My right hand of the throne of Majesty in heaven as the minister of the sanctuary and real tabernacle that was set up by Me and not of humans. He reminded those Jews that earthly high priests are appointed to offer gifts and sacrifices to Me, which makes it necessary for Christ Jesus to have something to offer to Me. If Jesus were on earth He would not qualify to be a priest because there were already priests who offered gifts which religious law requires. Those human priests offered worship to Me in a tabernacle that is only an earthly replica of the heavenly one. Moses, when he was about to build the tabernacle, was cautiously warned to see that he made everything exactly according to the pattern shown to him on the mountain when He conversed with Me. However, Christ Jesus has obtained a more excellent ministry now, just as He is the mediator of a better covenant, one based on better promises from Me. (Hebrews 8:1-6) Paul made it clear in his letter to the Jewish believers that if the old covenant upon which the Jews base their confidence had been effective and faultless, then there would have been no reason for Me to institute a new covenant. But I found fault with the first covenant and so I proclaimed this, "The days are coming when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It won't be like the covenant that I made with the ancestors of the Jews the day I took them by the hand and led them forth from the nation of Egypt; for the Jews broke My covenant over and over and I grew weary of them. This is the new covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days: I said that under the new covenant I would write My words of guidance in their minds and on their hearts; and I would be their God and they would be My people. I said that they would not teach their fellow citizens or their brothers by saying, 'Know the Lord,' for all of them would know Me, from the least to the greatest, that I would forgive their evil actions and their sins I would remember no more." (Hebrews 8:7-13; Jeremiah 31:31-34) When I spoke of a new covenant, I declared the first covenant obsolete, and what is obsolete has grown old and has disappeared. In that declaration I left open the possibility for the individual Jews to join with My new covenant of the Holy Spirit which I also offered to the pagans, the people of the Gentile nations. It was through Isaiah that I prophesied that a Savior would come who would become a light to the Gentiles and would be My salvation until the end of the earth. (Isaiah 11:10; Isaiah 42:1-6; Isiah 49:6-25) In the passage of time My new covenant of the Holy Spirit was offered to all people on the day of Pentecost in the upper room in Jerusalem. Taking part in the first ministry of My new covenant were devout men from every nation in the world, so the words of My new covenant with people went out to someone from every nation, fulfilling My prophesy that when My kingdom of God came into the earth that the end of the old covenant would be accompanied by My kingdom being preached to every nation in the earth which would begin My new covenant in the earth. (Acts 2:1-13; Hebrews 8:7-13) My new covenant includes people from every nation on earth, as observed on the day of Pentecost. It was in this explanation that Paul was hoping to explain My better covenant of the Holy Spirit, that I would live inside of My children and speak to them individually through My Holy Spirit writing My words in their minds and on their hearts, forgiving their sins forever. It was a glorious day and continues to be a glorious day when My children invite My kingdom of God to live inside of them. (Matthew 6:33; Matthew 13:18-23) Your Father of an Effective and Reliable Covenant

No comments: