Monday, January 23, 2023

BLESSED BY REFUSING TO RETURN EVIL FOR EVIL

My Dear Precious Child, When Jesus began His teachings about changes in attitudes related to Jewish Mosaic Law, His followers became confused about the changes. He had begun teaching about My Kingdom of God which was soon to come into the earth and live inside of them, and some of His changes were more strict than the old laws. He was revealing to His followers how to defeat the demons who were tempting them in the earth and they did not realize it. For instance, He told His followers that in the past they had been taught an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. In other words, if sometime injured them in their eye, then they were legally able to also injure the eye of the other person, and if someone injured them in their mouth so that they lost a tooth, then they were legally able to extract that person's tooth and not be in trouble with the Law of the land. In fact, Jesus reminded His followers of that custom, tradition and civic right. However, since Jesus was teaching His followers about the coming change in My Covenant with Humanity from Mosaic Law to My New Covenant of the Holy Spirit, He was giving His followers a peek into the changes in that particular civic and religious rule. Jesus Christ, My Son, told His followers that one of the big changes that was to come when My Kingdom of God came to live inside of them was that their actions when someone hurt them or opposed them was to never return evil for evil done to them but instead to return good for evil done to them. (Matthew 5:38-42) He told His followers that if someone took his only coat in a court trial that they would need to also give that person his cape and if someone hit them on the right cheek that instead of their being allowed to hit that person in return, as was allowed by Mosaic law, Jesus told them that My new covenant change would be that they were to allow the person to hit them on the other cheek instead of their returning the slap. That new requirement was not to promote cowardice but was to explain to My children how I would equip them to refuse to return evil for evil when I came to live inside of them in the power of My Holy Spirit. At the time of that particular teaching Jesus did not explain to His followers that My Kingdom of God that would soon come into their lives would equip them to only think good thoughts, form good attitudes, speak good words in return for evil words spoken to them, and that they would take actions that come from My character of peace, love, kindness, goodness, mercy, joy and patience. (Matthew 5:43-46) That requirement was not a cowardly requirement, although it sounds that way. It was a requirement that would further My Kingdom of Peace in the world instead of their continuing to take actions that would always further the devil's kingdom of hatred in the world, which was part of the devil's kingdom of sin and death which was already in operation in the world. The change in attitudes about which Jesus Christ taught to His disciples related to which kingdom His followers were going to cause to flourish in the earth, either My Kingdom of Love or the devil's kingdom of hatred. Later the disciples of Jesus Christ who had received My Holy Spirit explained more fully His earlier strict teachings to His newly chosen followers. The apostle Paul explained in His writings to the believers in Rome that they were not only required under My Kingdom of God to love and pray for their enemies but that they were to perform good actions toward their enemies. (Romans 12:18-21) With a change in their thoughts toward their enemies, they would have changes in their attitudes, their speech and their actions toward their enemies. In doing that they would magnify My Kingdom of God in the earth instead of their continuing to magnify the kingdom of the devil in the earth which resulted in more and more evil being sown into the earth by their continually returning evil for evil done to them. By their sowing seeds of My peace in the world, they would be increasing My peace in their world which would bring My blessings and rewards into their lives because of the good seeds of My Kingdom of God that they had sown. When Jesus began to change the attitudes of His followers, it set the stage for My Kingdom of God to come into the world with all of the power of My Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:1-8) My Holy Spirit gives to My children in the world the supernatural power to refuse the temptations of the devil to return evil for evil done to them and instead they have the power to return good for evil done to them. In doing that, they are magnifying My Kingdom of Love in the world and diminishing the devil's power of evil in their world. Changes in thoughts, attitudes, speech and actions happen in My children when they become born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit. They become empowered to further love in the earth which changes their world around them and causes it to return love and blessings to them. Your Father of Loving Attitudes

No comments: