Friday, March 21, 2008

Holy Spirit Brings Life


Dear One,
You have read and you have repeated this, "The letter of the law kills," and you have wondered about the depth of the truth in that statement.
Why does the letter of the law kill? It is impossible for any man to keep the letter of religious laws because it are impossible for men to obey all of them.
Jesus did not observe all the religious laws. He said that even He, as the Son of God, couldn't keep all the laws. He knew that the law was given to help men avoid the trappings of the evil one, that it was not given to make them acceptable to Me.
Religious teachings have made religious laws a substitute for knowing Me and have made obeying the law a criteria for receiving My love. Nothing could be further from the truth. The outcome of that false doctrine has been that men have felt defeated from trying to obey religious law, because it's impossible to do, so their spirits become lifeless and without hope. Then spiritual death occurs.
The truth is that I am Love and I welcome all men to My heart to be loved by Me. My Holy Spirit gives life to all who come to Me. Then My Spirit gives the power to men to avoid the evil one and even to overcome his work in their lives.
The law only sufficed until My Spirit came to earth to reveal My character and to reveal that I am not the source of evil. My Holy Spirit took the place of the law when He descended upon the earth to be welcomed into the hearts of all men.
I said that the law was only a temporary tutor until the true tutor, the Spirit of Truth, came to reveal My true nature to men as the Father of Love.
Spread the good news that I am Love.
Love, God
Romans 5:5-8; Romans 7:6; Romans 8:1-4; Galatians 3:2; Galatians 5:4; Galatians 3:23-26

No comments: