Friday, March 8, 2019

CONTINUING CORRECTIONS FOR CORINTH
My Dear Precious Child,
    In Paul's letter to the Christians in Corinth, he included some practical suggestions for My children relating to sexual relations between husbands and wives, also whether single people should marry or not and how to handle problems that lead to divorce. Someone in the Corinthian church had written and asked the apostle about sexual relations between a husband and wife and Paul had some of his own suggestions for all of the church and said that they were his opinions, not rules from Me. 
    His concern was that the devil would tempt people to sin by engaging in fornication or adultery if they were not having satisfying sexual relations with their marriage mates.  So he said that a wife's body belongs to her husband and the husband's body belongs to his wife and they should have sexual relations except for agreed upon prayer time.  He emphasized that the sexual relations must be mutually consenting, not forced by one person.  Unfortunately, men have used Paul's suggestions to enslave their wives to lives of unwanted, unfulfilled and selfish sexual relations by husbands. 
   However, even though he gave his opinions on such matters, Paul said he wished that all of My children had the same grace that he had of refusing to yield to lustful desires in their lives.  He said his opinions were only a suggestion, not a rule. (I Corinthians 7:1-7) He also advised widows to marry if they had uncontrollable sexual urges rather than be tortured by sexual desires.
    In his writings Paul also had many suggestions about married life, one being that a believing woman should stay with an unbelieving husband; but if she leaves him that she should stay single.  He said that it is My desire that they stay together so that their children would be holy.  He wrote that that is My desire because a woman might be able to save her husband by her holy living. (I Corinthians 7:16)
    Paul's opinion about those matters was this:  That since Jesus was soon supposed to come back to earth, that unmarried people should stay unmarried in order to live for Me instead of living to meet the needs of  a husband or wife.  He said that it is not a sin for a young lady to get married, but he was trying to save them a lot of trouble that comes from being married.  (verses 29-32)  He said he wanted them to be free from the worries that are caused by their getting married.  He also surmised that an unmarried man can devote himself to My affairs and all he needs to worry about is pleasing Me instead of a wife.  Same thing about a woman remaining single. (verses 32-33)  His opinion was that a husband and wife are tied to each other as long as they are alive, but when one person dies the other person will be happier if they stay single.  Paul even said that he thought he had the thoughts of My mind on that. (verses 39-46)
    After I created the earth and man, I said that it was not good that a man should be alone, and so I created animals and birds, but still there was no helper for him. (Genesis 2:18-20)  So I took the female part of Adam out of him and formed those female parts around his rib, thus creating a woman to be his helper.  (verses 21-22; Genesis 2:27) I said that men should leave their parents and become one with his female helper.  (verses 23-25) 
   After Adam and Eve yielded to the devil and allowed him to bring his demons into the earth and curse it, I told Adam and Eve that because of their allowing demons into the world that women would have pain in childbirth, plus the demons would cause women to have an unquenchable desire to have a husband in their lives, thus bringing curses into their lives on earth.  I also said that men would have an unquenchable desire  to rule over women, thus cursing their entire families. (Genesis 3:16)  The devil was successful in conquering the earth by cursing the entire earth with his demons. (Genesis 3:17-18)  
    Unfortunately Paul was in the dark about the curses on men and women that came into the lives of people when Adam invited the devil into the earth.  Either that or he was temporarily ignorant of them.  It's possible that Paul was so eager for Jesus to come back to earth and end the devil's rule that he forgot that it was the devil who was still his problem and that he and My children of promise had power over the devil in the earth, power as given to them by Jesus Christ after He rose from hell where He took authority to the earth back from the devil.  (Matthew 28:18-20; Matthew 13:36-43) 
   My children in Corinth were not seeking My righteousness.  They were also not using My power to throw offending demons into hell, per Jesus' parable of My kingdom of God coming into their lives. (Acts 2:1-21) Jesus told them that My kingdom was near to coming to earth when He walked in the earth and that the day of Pentecost was the fulfillment of the prophesies of My power coming to live inside of My children in the person of the Holy Spirit, who is My personality and My character of love.  He reveals My character of love to My children.  (Romans 5:5)
   Even though Paul continued to work in his vocation as well as spreading the gospel, he also gave his opinion about the saints supporting those who preached the gospel, saying that the preachers should be supported by their fellow Christians, even though Paul said that he was not one of the ones who required being fed and housed by others.  For himself, Paul said that he would continue to work so that his preaching the gospel would be free to others. (I Corinthians 9:17-18) 
   Paul finally got to the subject for which he wrote the letter, he finally got to the correction that needed to be brought to their attention.  He gave them a good history lesson of their ancestors who were freed by Moses from bondage to the Egyptians.  He reminded them that those people were led by a cloud, that they passed unharmed through a sea, that all of them ate spiritual food from heaven and drank the same spiritual drink from the spiritual rock that was Christ.  In spite of all of those supernatural events, they perished in the wilderness because of the demonic lusts of their flesh.  (I Corinthians 10:1-5)  He wrote that they are examples to all of My children not to have demonic lusts for forbidden things, also he warned them not to become idolators like some of them in the journey to the Promised Land did. 
   Paul reminded them that they must never fall for sexual immorality like some did when 23,000 of them perished in one day on the 40 year journey that should have taken a short time.  They put me to the test and they were killed by demons who took the form of snakes, as was their habit.  He also warned them to never complain or they would be killed by the devil, the destroyer himself, like some also did. (verses 6-10)
   Paul's warnings to the Corinthians were given to them so that they would refuse the temptations of the devil because the trials that they had were more than anyone else.  However, he told them that they could trust Me because I would never let them be tempted beyond their strength, that with every trial I would provide a way of escape and the strength to bear up under it. (I Corinthians 10:11-13)
   His opinions and suggestions, even though some were not from Me, were instead to protect My children from yielding to evil and thus being judged by the devil, the destroyer.   His suggestions were firm in telling My children to remain single because his idea that Jesus Christ was soon coming back into the earth wad from ignorance of the scripture,  causing him to not fully realize that Jesus Christ had already come back into the earth when My kingdom of God came into the lives of My children on the day of Pentecost when My Holy Spirit came to live inside of them.  Jesus also comes back to earth in others of My individual children also when they are also baptized with My Holy Spirit.  Just like when My children are born of My Spirit, the return of Jesus Christ in their lives is an individual occurrence just like My relationship with all of My children is, one-on-one.
    Unfortunately the sluggards and idle people in the body of Christ were people who were convinced that Jesus was coming to earth immediately, so they quit work, became lazy, ceased witnessing about the Good News and stopped seeking My kingdom and My righteousness because of the belief that I was coming to earth any day so they could cease their spiritual labors.  They were blinded that I had come on the most important day in the history of the world, on the day of Pentecost which was My promise to My children. The same thing happened to the people that Paul called babies.  They still drank spiritual milk instead of eating solid food from the tutoring of My Holy Spirit.  They were waiting for an event that had already happened. Jesus had already come and they were looking on the horizon for Him to set up His kingdom in the earth.  He already had done it in the lives of individuals who sought My kingdom and My righteousness by being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit.  
   Jesus said they needed to become mature, taking their place as inheritors of My salvation and authority, clearing the earth of the demons who are still occupying it through the generational curses who are still resident in the lives of My children.  Seeking My righteousness means getting rid of those offending demons passed down to the third and fourth generations in your family. (Exodus 34:6-7)  Praying in My Holy Spirit and listening to My Spirit will accomplish that feat. (Ephesians 6:10-20)
    You are My child of Promise.  Take your place of authority and love in the body of Christ. 
    Your Father of Mercy For People and Power Over the Devil

No comments: