Thursday, March 28, 2019

SAVING UNGODLY PAGANS AND JEWS

My Dear Precious Child,
   In Paul's letter to the early Roman believers he confessed that he was sad and in endless anguish that his own brotherhood, the nation of Israel, had turned from Me and was satisfied with the unbelief that prevailed in their religious practices, which were not spiritual at all.  The Pharisees had watered down the Mosaic Law until it was meaningless, robbing them of truth until their religious practices were rote and unimpressive, even to the worshipers themselves.  Paul said that he would even give himself up to be cut off from Christ in order to help his relatives in Israel, his own flesh and blood.  He said they were adopted sons, given My glory and My covenant, that there were promises made to them, that they descended from patriarchs and that Christ came from their flesh and blood, The Christ whom I have forever blessed. (Romans 9:1-8) He said that they were supposed to be blessed people but instead were cursed by placing their faith in Mosaic Law to save them from the works of the devil. It was never meant for salvation.  It was given by Me to identify the works of the devil so that My children would refust to yield to temptations to do evil. (Romans 3:19-20)
    Paul asked if I had failed to keep My promise to the Jews?  Again he said of course not.  Then he wrote that there is nothing of physical descent that makes you My children.  It is being My children of promise by being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit that brings My children into My family.(Romans 9:6-9)  So does that make Me unjust?  No.  I said that I would have mercy upon whom I will have mercy.  (Romans 9:19-21)  He compares conversion by My Holy Spirit to a pot who doesn't ask a potter why he made it that way.  In other words, you must not question My methods and plans for the salvation of the world.
     He wrote that I patiently put up with people, even those who disappoint Me and make Me sad by their choosing evil over My good.  Under old covenant Mosaic Law, they deserve to be destroyed, but I don't destroy them.  I am the Father of Life. (Romans 9:23-24)  It is their choosing evil over good that allows the devil to destroy their lives because they have chosen the devil as their father instead of Me.  I wanted to reveal My glory for a long time, whether to Jews or pagans who are the called people.  Paul wrote about the prophet Hosea who prophesied that to a nation I never loved that I would say to them that they are My people and they will become My children, speaking of the Gentiles pagans. (Romans 9:16)  Only a small portion of the Jews became My children of promise by being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Spirit.  The rest were blinded to the divinity of Christ Jesus who died and went to hell for their sins.
     It was inconceivable to the Jews that the Gentile pagans, a nation that was not looking for righteousness, found it all the same.  The Gentiles found a salvation that was of faith instead of seeking salvation by good deeds, as did the children of Mosaic Law.  The salvation that the pagans received was of Me and not of humans themselves.  The Jews continued to stumble over the stumbling stone, a rock sent to trip men up, and only those people who believe in Christ have no cause for shame.  (Romans 9:30-33)  Paul wrote that he had nothing but love for the Jews and he prayed that they might be saved.  He understood that the Mosaic Law came to an end with Christ because it was replaced by My new covenant of the Holy Spirit.  The difference in the two covenants is that the covenant of My Holy Spirit is a result of My grace, My free gift, and not from humans themselves being obedient to laws.  The salvation which is of themselves by obeying the Law is impossible because no one can obey all of the Law. 
     Paul's revelation was that My children should not ask who will go to heaven to bring Christ Jesus down again, or who will go down to the underworld to bring Christ up again.  He told them that THE WORD OF FAITH IS IN THEIR MOUTHS AND IN THEIR HEARTS, that when you profess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in your heart that I raised Him from the dead you will be saved from the devil's works of evil in the world.  It is merely believing from the heart and confessing with your lips that qualifies you to be born of My Spirit and saved from evil.  (Romans 10:5-11)  Everyone who believes in his heart that Christ Jesus rose from the dead will become My child and will be saved from the works of the devil.  As a benefit, everyone who calls on the name of the Lord in dire circumstances will be saved from destruction.  (Romans 10:12-13)
    But people will not call on him for help unless they believe in Him, and they won't believe in Him unless they have heard of Him, and how can they hear if they don't have someone to tell them about Him?  Faith comes by hearing what is told about Christ Jesus in conversation.  What is told about Him comes from My words which are testimonies about His ministry of reconciliation. (Romans 10:14-17)
    In Paul's explanation of the Jews refusing to believe on Christ Jesus he asked if it is possible that the Jews did not hear the gospel being preached?  He wrote that if they heard the gospel, then maybe they didn't understand.  Isaiah spoke for Me when he prophesied that I had been found by people who did not seek for Me and that I was found by people who had not consulted with Me.  Yet, I told the Jews that every day I had stretched out My hand to them but they were disobedient and rebellious.  (Romans 10:20-21)
    Paul also wrote, as led by My Spirit, that I have not rejected My children.  (Romans 11:1-4)  He answered that I would never reject anyone whom I chose years ago.   They have rejected Me.  Even though they killed My prophets and destroyed My altars, I have been patient with them.  A remnant always remains in order that others will be saved.  Once they understand that it is by My grace that they are saved and not by obedience to religious laws, then they will individually believe in faith that I raised Christ Jesus from the dead. 
   Christ Jesus warned the Pharisaical Jews that they would not be saved until they called upon the Person whom they had rejected, meaning Christ Jesus. (Matthew 23:33-37)  So the pagans benefited from the falling away because I personally called Paul to be My apostle to the pagans who had no religious laws with which to contend as a different way to salvation.  The pagans heard and therefore believed.  (Romans 11:12-15)
    Every person comes to Me on his own behalf, Jew and Gentile.  Every Jew whose spiritual eyes are opened will come to Me and call upon Me to be saved, and that person will be saved from the devil's works in the earth. (I John 3:8) Many others will follow their example.  They will be blessed abundantly because they will see the transformation of people and the restoration of families.  They will finally say, "Blessed is Jesus Christ who came in the name of the Lord." (Matthew 23:37-39)
     Your Father of Forgiveness and Mercy

No comments: