Saturday, March 23, 2019

THE BENEFITS OF HOLINESS

My Dear Precious Child,
    In Paul's letter to the believers in Rome, he repeated many truths to them in order to make sure that they remembered his teachings.  He had called some believers in Corinth "babies", that they were still drinking spiritual milk.  If the Romans had not been mature enough spiritually to search the scriptures for themselves relating to their marvelous experiences of being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit in order to receive confirmation by the scriptures and My Spirit, then they would need an in depth review of the magnificent event in their lives in order to become established in My love and in My joy and peace.  They should have been walking in the glory of My love, joy and peace as they increased in the glory upon glory that comes from My Holy Spirit's personal revelations to them.  Many were not.
   Not only did Paul review the glories granted to My children because of their being new creations in Christ Jesus, but he also reviewed the works of the devil, called sins, to which some of the Roman believers had returned.  He asked them if it was necessary to remain sinning so that My wonderful work of grace would have greater importance.  His own answer to that question was "of course not" because they were supposed to be dead to sin, so how could they enjoy living in it?  He explained being "baptized in Christ Jesus" by saying that because Christ lived in them, they were with Him in His death.  That means you, too, because you were with Christ Jesus when He was sent into the tomb that you joined with Him in His death.  Also, when He was raised from the dead by the power of My Holy Spirit, you were also raised from the dead to a new life.  Therefore, you should be dead to the devil's temptations to do his will in your life but alive to Me and My personal words to you.  (Romans 6:1-4)
    The same truth applies to you that Paul was reiterating to the Romans.  Since you were united with Christ Jesus in his death and His visit to hell, you were also united with Him in His resurrection, leaving behind in hell all of the devil's works.  Your sinful body that so willingly formerly yielded to the devil's temptations to sin, that body should be dead to sin's temptations.  Paul told the Romans that they were crucified with Christ, however they were still alive; but they were alive to My words of life instead of being alive to the devil's temptations which bring death.  (Romans 6: 5-11)
    Therefore, you must consider yourself dead to the devil's temptations to sin by not letting the temptation to sin conquer your mind and lead you to yield to doing evil which will curse your life.  Bodily passions will curse your life on earth if you yield to them.  My Spirit said through Paul that If you yield to any temptation of the devil, you let a part of your body turn into a weapon fighting against you and on the side of the devil.  Instead,  consider yourself resurrected to live My life of goodness in the earth instead of your yielding to temptations of the devil and your body being resurrected to do the devil's will in the earth.  You must conquer the bodily passions and make every part of your body -- which is the temple of My Holy Spirit -- to become a weapon fighting on My side instead of on the side of evil.  No longer let sin dominate your body by letting the temptations of the devil lead you to sin.  No longer let sin dominate your life since you are living by My grace and not by the dictates of religious Law which the devil uses to tempt you. (Romans 6:12-14)
     So since you are now living by My grace, it does not mean that you are free to obey the dictates of the devil by yielding to his temptations.  You know that to whomever you agree to obey, you become bound to that deity as a servant.  Jesus told you that you cannot be a servant to the devil as well as being a child of Mine, raised to life with My Holy Spirit living inside of your body.  In the past you were a slave to the devil's temptations, obeying his every evil suggestion.  You have been freed from your unity with the demons from hell, and you have become alive to Me, made righteous by being born again and baptized in My Holy Spirit. (Romans 6:15-19)  Paul put that truth in simple language by saying that in the past you put your body in service to vice and immorality, so now you must put your body in service to Me by walking in righteousness and spreading My righteousness in your earth. 
    The rewards that you got from the devil when you allowed him to constantly use your body to spread his evil in the earth were experiences that made you ashamed and condemned, as was the devil's evil way.  He tempted you to do evil and then made you ashamed and condemned for doing the very things that he tempted you to do.  Now that you are alive to Me and deemed dead to sin, which is yielding to the devil's temptations, you have the power of My Holy Spirit to refuse the evil temptations and only yield to My words which admonish you to do kind and good deeds in the earth. 
     Paul gave to the Romans this truth:  The wages paid by the devil for doing his will is death; the gift given to you by Me is eternal life, the life that was in Christ Jesus that made Him My Son.  You have My new creation inside of you, a new person created by My Holy Spirit, and you have become My child with all of the power of My Holy Spirit.  He also gives you the power to refuse the temptations of bodily passions with which the devil tempts you. (Romans 6:20-23)
    Remember that Peter wrote that My children who taste the freedom purchased by Me and yet return to yielding to the devil's temptations are like the dog who returns to eat his own vomit.  The devil's rewards are death but My rewards are love, joy and peace, which are My righteousness in the Holy Spirit. (II Peter 2:20-22; Romans 14:17) 
    Your Father of Understandable Revelations.

No comments: