Thursday, May 27, 2021

BLESSINGS MAGNIFIED WITH JOY

My Dear Precious Child,
    Jesus prepared His disciples adequately in spiritual lectures about His leaving the earth after being crucified, dead, going to hell where He battled with the devil and regained His authority to the earth and heaven, rose from the dead and was catapulted by the Holy Spirit back into the earth to walk and talk with His disciples and other followers for forty days.  Then He told His devoted followers to wait in Jerusalem for what I had promised through the old covenant prophets and through Jesus Christ, the beginning of a new covenant where My Holy Spirit would assume the ministry of Jesus Christ in the lives of people, enabling Me to write My words in their minds and in their hearts and He and I would be their Savior from the inside of them.  (Jeremiah 31:31-33; Isaiah 59:20-21; Hebrews 12:1 and 22-24)  His followers had no idea how all that was going to be accomplished, but they believed Jesus was the Christ so they awaited what He had told them with belief and excitement.  The experience exceeded all expectations, imaginations and efforts of description.  
     The disciples and followers of Jesus were all together in an upper room when suddenly a sound came from heaven like a violent blast of wind and it filled the entire room where they were sitting.  Suddenly, above the heads of everyone in the room there were flames of fire resembling tongues which separately distributed on the head of each person present.  Every person present began speaking in languages they had never previously known with the Holy Spirit giving them clear and loud expressions in different languages. (Acts 2:1-4)
      There were devout men from every country under heaven living in Jerusalem and when the sound of the disciples speaking in tongues was heard by them the multitude of people came together to view the phenomenon.  Each person heard someone speaking in his or her own native language without being trained in it.  The message in each language consisted of praises extolling My mighty works in the behalf of people.  (Acts 2:5-11)  People were amazed, bewildered and puzzled about what they were observing.  Some people made a joke of it and others accused them of being drunk with intoxicating wine.
      Peter raised his voice and addressed the people who were present, saying that the men were not drunk with wine, but instead they were manifesting what the prophet Joel had prophesied, saying that in the days of My last covenant with people that I would pour out My Holy Spirit upon all people, that men and women would prophesy My divine counsels, that young men would dream prophetic dreams and old men would see prophetic visions.  He informed the crowd that what the men were doing was prophesying My divine counsels which had never been spoken in the past.  Peter told the listeners that all of the events that had happened in the past few days were the first fulfillment of the prophesies by Joel relating to the death, the trip to hell of Jesus and His being raised from the dead, that the sun would turn to darkness and the moon into blood, and that whoever called on My name would be saved. (Acts 2:14-21; Joel 2:28-32)
     Peter continued by explaining that the man Jesus who did mighty works and wonders in their midst was delivered up for the exact purpose of being killed by evil men but He was raised up by God according to the prophesy of David for not abandoning Jesus in hell but instead raised Him up so that there would be an outpouring of My Holy Spirit in the earth, which all of the people could see and hear.  (Acts 23:32-33)   He encouraged the people to know that I had made Jesus both Lord and Christ, the Messiah, the Jesus whom they had crucified.  Because of Peter's clarification of what people had witnessed, the people were stung to the heart and asked Peter and his messengers what they needed to do.  Peter told them to repent, choosing to accept My will in their lives on earth instead of rejecting it.  
    Yes, that was a momentous day in the earth when My Holy Spirit came to earth to live inside of people, becoming My Advocate, Guide, Strength, Tutor, Lord and Counselor for them.  Peter had told them that My promise of the Holy Spirit was for them, their children and to as many that I bid to come to Me.   There were 3,000 souls baptized in My Holy Spirit that day, equipped with power to be saved from a wicked generation.  (Acts 2: 37-39)  Old things passed away that day and all things became new.  My old covenants became null and void and My covenant of My Holy Spirit became My last and endearing covenant with humanity.  It was a glorious Day for humanity and for Me!
   Your Heavenly Father of a New and Perfect Covenant 

No comments: