Sunday, February 24, 2019

BENEFITS OF FATHERLY CORRECTIONS

My Dear Precious Child,
   Just like in the earth when a good father gently but emphatically corrects his children who have been rebellious by joining with people doing evil things, My corrections through the writers of the letters inspired by the Holy Spirit to the churches were meant to do the same thing, set My children back onto the right path.  I want them on the narrow path that leads to righteousness instead of their continuing on the wide path that leads to destruction.  The problem was and is that My children who become born again and baptized in My Holy Spirit are tempted by the devil to return to their old either pagan ways if they were Gentiles or return to their old ineffective legalistic, religious ways if they were Jews.  Often they do.
    In the letter that Paul asked that his letter also be sent to the Laodiceans, My Holy Spirit inspired Paul to name the destructive demonic activities to which My children had returned. (Colossians 4:15-16) We looked at those previously and and discovered that they were activities which did the devil's will in the earth instead of their doing My will in the earth.  (Colossians 2:6-23)  I reminded them with My wisdom through the Holy Spirit that they had been cleansed from those wicked activities by Jesus Christ but yet they had returned to yielding to the temptations of the devil to repeat those activities which caused their lives of peace, joy and love to again be destroyed.  They had yielded to the temptations of the devil just like Adam did at the beginning and allowed the devil to bring his demons into their lives to harass, abuse, tempt, curse and destroy the paradise that I had created for My children.  
    Before writing His words of instruction, My Holy Spirit first softened the blow of his writing specific chastenings and corrections to My children by attempting to renew hope and faith in them.  He complimented them for their faith in Christ Jesus and the love that they showed to My other children and the hope that I have stored for them in heaven.  He assured them that the Good News that had converted them was also being heard over the whole world, the gospel that had changed them according to the power of My Holy Spirit. (Colossians 1:4-8)
    Paul encouraged My children at Colossea and Laodicea that he never ceased to pray for them so that they, through perfect wisdom and spiritual understanding, would reach the full knowledge of My will.  His desire was that they would be able to lead the kind of life which I, their Father, expects; a life acceptable to Me in all aspects.  He told them that the life that is acceptable to Me is one that produces good actions and shows an increase in knowledge of Me with the results that all of their actions would reflect My will and My character. (Colossians 1:9-10) 
    Paul wrote that He prayed for them that, BASED ON MY GLORIOUS POWER IN THEM THAT THEY WOULD HAVE THE STRENGTH NEVER TO GIVE IN TO THE EVIL TEMPTATIONS; BUT INSTEAD TO BEAR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO THEM JOYFULLY, THANKING ME FOR THE BLESSING OF HAVING BEEN BROUGHT INTO MY LIGHT.  The Holy Spirit wrote through Paul that Christ Jesus had brought them out of the power of darkness and created a place for all of My children in My kingdom of My Son, Jesus Christ; for it is through Him that we gain freedom and the forgiveness of our sins. (Colossians 1:12-14)
    After reminding My children about Jesus Christ being My image,  My first-born of creation, that in Him all things were created, that He holds all things in His power inside of the Church, which is His body and He is the head, I reminded you that all things were reconciled to Me through Him by His death on the cross. (Colossians 1:15-20)  Then My Spirit reminded you and My other children that you were once ENEMIES OF MINE in the ways that you used to THINK and IN THE EVIL THINGS THAT YOU DID, but now you are reconciled to Me as long as you  persevere and stand firm on the solid foundation of faith, never letting yourself wander away from the mystery of Christ in you.  He is the hope of your having a glorious life in the earth and in the world to come life everlasting.  (Colossians 1:21-23 and 27-29; Luke 18:29-30)
   After preparing My children for My words of correction and guidance, I wrote warnings and chastening words to you about staying loyal and devoted to Me instead of changing allegiance and returning to the old ways which cursed your life in the past.  I said that all instruction and My gentle chastening is necessary to keep you on the right path. (Hebrews 12:5-13) Listen to My instructions and then heed them, following them with all diligence so that you will walk as led by My Holy Spirit who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, far over and above all that you can dare think, imagine, ask or desire, according to My power that is in you. (Ephesians 3:20)  My confirmation of that is yes, amen, so be it.
   Your Father of Mercy     

No comments: