Saturday, February 23, 2019

REJECT THE OLD DESIRES

My Dear Precious Child,
   My Holy Spirit wrote corrective instructions through the prophets of the new covenant, the covenant of My Holy Spirit, corrections that relate to you and My other children having allowed some old habits, old sins, old demons and old attitudes to invade your thinking again, cursing your life.  Jesus Christ had warned against allowing demons from your old ways to enter back into your life, saying that after the wicked spirits have been cast out that if you allow them to reenter into your life they will bring seven more demons even more evil than themselves and your last state will be worse than the first.  (Matthew 12:43-45)
    By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the prophet Paul wrote to the Christians in the church in Colossea reminding them what My plan of salvation had done in them, what Jesus Christ had done for them, His crucifixion, death, descent into hell, His being raised from the dead and then coming to sit down with Me, sending My Holy Spirit to live in the earth in My children.  After reminding the church there about the Good news, I began My loving correction about their having returned in some ways to slavery to the demons of their flesh to which they had been slaves in the past.    
   My first correction related to the Colossians HAVING RETURNED TO PUTTING THEIR FAITH IN THE OLD COVENANT LAWS, OBSERVING THE FEASTS, THE FESTIVITIES, THE SABBATHS AND THE NEW MOON OBSERVANCES, (Colossians 2:9-15)  My Spirit excoriated them for returning to those fleshly observances, telling them sternly that all of those observances were prophesies in the old covenant about the coming into the world of Jesus Christ and His sacrifices in their behalf.  He wrote that THE REALITY of those observances is CHRIST, who already came to earth and accomplished what the observances were predicting would happen. (Colossians 2:16-17)  The people were going backward in their religious practices, leaving the truth behind and returning to ineffective religious laws.
   My Spirit also warned about GROVELING TO AND WORSHIPING ANGELS, which some people were doing.  He warned that people who worship angels are forgetting Me and My Lordship over My kingdom of heaven, forgetting Me as the Head of their lives. (Colossians 2:18-19) The angels are your servants, not your saviors.  They are given to you by Me as servants to aid you in your search for  My righteousness.  A person does not worship his or her servants.  He is grateful for their work but he does not revere his servants.  Neither should you worship your angels.  (Hebrews 1:14)
   He also chided you and My other children for RETURNING TO DIETARY RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY THE OLD COVENANT LAWS as though you are living by fleshly rules given in that old covenant.  He identified those rules as being SELF IMPOSED DEVOTIONS, SELF ABASEMENT and SEVERE TREATMENT OF THE BODY.  He wrote that they have no power in them and a person eventually returns to eating wisely. (Colossians 2:20-23)   Those religious restrictions are called asceticism, requiring you to cause your body to suffer in order for you to feel spiritual.  Your body can do nothing in order to feel spiritual.  My Holy Spirit gives to you My new birth and baptizes you in My Holy Spirit.  They are spiritual gifts from Me which transform your body.  Any religious practices that begin with the dictates of the body are demonic instead of being spiritual.     
    The truth of those corrections emphasizes that you must not be earth minded, always keeping your mind on restrictions of earthly things instead of your being  heavenly minded which causes you to have your mind on heavenly things, things that My kingdom has brought into your life. (Colossians 3:1-4)      
   I warned you though the Holy Spirit that you must kill every thought, attitude, words and actions that belong to the former earthly life including FORNICATION, IMPURITY, SEXUAL PASSIONS, EVIL DESIRES, AND GREED -- which is the same thing as worshiping a false god -- saying that all of those evil activities anger Me because I judge and condemn the demons behind those activities.  My anger is toward the devil and the demons, not toward My children who are deceived by them.  I stated that My children of promise must also give up those things along with: BEING BAD TEMPERED, SPITEFUL, USING DIRTY TALK, ABUSIVE LANGUAGE AND LYING. (Colossians 3:5-11)
   I reminded you and My other children that you are My children, a chosen race, My saints, and I love you.  My admonition through My Holy Spirit is that you must return to being clothed with COMPASSION, HUMILITY, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, PATIENCE, FORGIVENESS, PUTTING ON LOVE AND LETTING MY PEACE RULE IN YOUR HEART. (Colossians 3:12-15) 
   In addition to putting on the fruit of My Holy Spirit, I told workers to be obedient to their bosses as though they are working for Me.  I also told bosses to be fair and just with their workers, knowing that they also have a Boss in heaven. (Colossians 3:22-25)
   I told My children to persevere and be thankful in your prayers and to pray for the ministers.  In addition, be tactful with unbelievers and make good use of your time with them, displaying to them My graciousness.  Agree with them in matters with a flavor of wit, trying to make your conversation with them fit their needs.
   Because I love you so much I warn you about the devil's traps that he sets for you in order for his demons to again enter into your life and bring seven more demons with them in order to curse your life abundantly instead of your living a blessed life from your inheritance from Me.
   Pay heed to what My Holy Spirit spoke in correction of My children in all of the letters to the churches.  They reveal the failure of the first churches to become what I want My children to be in the earth, which is an extension of Jesus Christ with the authority that He gave you to cast demons out of your life and into hell instead of fraternizing again with them and inheriting more demons which curse your life more than when you were an unbeliever.
   Your Father of Gentle Correction  
       
      

No comments: