Saturday, February 9, 2019

ENDURING TRUTHS OF PSALM 37

My Dear Precious Child,
   In David's song he confessed his acquaintance with evil and what it does to a person.  He might not have actually known that the source of evil is the devil and his demons because Jesus Christ revealed that truth in his wisdom later, but David in his life as king knew the effects of the wickedness which came against him constantly.     
   David said that he had seen the wicked in great power spreading itself like a green tree in native soil, yet it passed away and eventually was gone.  He said that he searched for the evil one and could not find him.  The works of evil was only evident by the devastation that remained but the evil which caused the devastation was gone.  That is the way that the devil and his demons do their work in the lives of My children, enticing My children through temptations to cooperate with the devil's evil works in the lives of other people by using emotions of anger, hatred, judgment, condemnation, guilt, harassment, manipulation, evil speaking, physical and mental injury, lying, gossiping, bitterness, holding grudges, seeking vengeance and other cruel works done to the lives of other people.  (Psalm 37:35)  The results grow and grow as if in good soil, but the devil's work never spreads My saving life in the earth.  He only spreads evil.
    Instead of cooperating with the devil's works in the lives of other people, David wrote about a way to avoid participating with the devil.  He said that there is a happy result for a person who seeks peace with everyone, so you must mimic a blameless man, watching the actions of a person who is upright. (Psalm 37:37) I sent to earth the only blameless man, My Son Jesus Christ who was upright in all of His dealings with people.  He had mercy for sinners, compassion for the poor and diseased, forgiveness for transgressors, love for all humanity, encouraging words for the oppressed and salvation for all mankind.  Endeavoring to speak kind words like those spoken by Jesus Christ and mimicking His behavior towards other people causes you to have a peaceful ending to your life.
    David wrote the truth about the final vengeance against the demons who tempt My children to transgress against My words, which are the words of Jesus Christ in My new covenant of the Holy Spirit.  Those transgressing spirits will be destroyed together and the end result is that the wicked demons are cut off from the earth and they are ushered into the lake of fire by My angels in answer to My children casting them out of the earth. (Psalm 37:38; Matthew 13:36-43)  He was able to know that I would take vengeance against the offending demons Myself through My Holy Spirit's exiling them from earth to the lake of fire for their actions against My precious children. (I Corinthians 6:3)   It is My children of promise who are born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit who have the authoritative power to execute My judgment onto the demons who have tormented My children since the beginning of the earth when Adam allowed them entrance into the earth.  Jesus Christ said that the righteous would shine like the noonday sun when the offending demons are cast out of their lives and their world.  Their peace is evident to all.
    The profession of faith of David was that the salvation of the righteous is from Me, that I am their refuge and secure stronghold in the time of trouble.  He professed that I help the righteous and deliver them from the wicked works of the devil.  He foretold that I save My children because they trust Me and take refuge in Me. (Psalm 37:29-40)  His emphasis in this song is that My children who put their trust in earthly kings, earthly governments, earthly men or earthly religious and political leaders will find themselves defeated and they will become inheritors of the woes of the followers of those Pharisees, Sadducees, scribes, priests, high priests and elders of the churches who depended upon men instead of depending upon Me.  David, himself, was king of a country and his dependency was upon Me, My wisdom and My power.  His dependency was neither on his own governing body nor his religious leaders at the time.  His complete dependency was on Me.  David was the king whom the Jews most generally respected and loved because of his love and devotion for Me. 
    David was only a man, but he was a man after My whole heart. (Psalm 111:1; Psalm 119:145; Jeremiah 24:7)  He praised Me in songs and in his devotion to Me, depending upon Me for guidance and insight into every one of life's problems. 
    Your Father Who Saves and Rescues
                

No comments: