Sunday, June 28, 2020

SHEPHERDS ARE GUIDES, PROTECTORS AND PROVIDERS

SHEPHERDS ARE GUIDES, PROTECTORS AND PROVIDERS
My Dear Precious Child,
    When the prophet David wrote and sang a song about the relationship between himself and Me, He wrote it from the position of a sheep and a shepherd, of which he was very familiar.  (Psalm 23) David knew how a shepherd loves and cares deeply about his sheep who are in his care, how he protects them from wolves with his rod, makes sure they are fed properly, watered abundantly, sheers them when necessary, removes thorns from their wool, and with his staff he leads them out of thickets when they are lost.
    David was well acquainted with kings and their subjects, too, but he still wrote and sang about Me being his Shepherd and him being My sheep, a relationship much like a father and a child which later was reflected in the relationship between Jesus Christ and Me.  The people of Israel were well schooled in kings and their human subjects, which sometimes was not pleasant but was domineering.  Yet David sang about Me being his shepherd, not a king who would be unapproachable to his subjects.  Instead, David sang about Me being a caretaker who was with him all day every day as protector, provider, deliverer in times of trouble, a peacekeeper, a constant companion, a healer when injuries occurred and a guide who led him only onto green, lush meadows with plenty of water to drink. 
    When David sang about Me being His shepherd, he said that he would never want for anything because I always provided what he needed when a need arose. (Psalm 23:1)
    He said that I led him onto luxurious green pastures where he could rest, just like a shepherd leads his sheep.  David knew the human need for rest for their minds.  (Psalm 23:2)
    When he was spiritually thirsty, David said that I led him to calm waters for easy drinking from My wisdom which heals and repairs a broken soul.  (Psalm 23:3)  David said that the reason for My good shepherding of him was for My name's sake, meaning simply because David belonged to Me as My child.
    Then David sang that even though he lived in a world that is filled with evil and death that he would never fear evil because I was constantly with him at his side with My rod used against spiritual enemies and My staff for which to rescue him from thorns and thickets in which sheep find themselves wandering. He sang that he was always comforted to know that I have a rod to be used against the devil's wolves who tempt him and a staff with which to guide him out of problems in which he ignorantly wandered.  (Psalm 23:4) Knowing that I have valuable equipment with which to rescue him and lead him to freedom made David live in ease, with confidence in Me and comfort for his mind and body.
    David proclaimed that even in a world filled with problems and troubles that, because I was his Shepherd, I provided every good element for his spiritual education and tutoring, his successful living in the earth, and his rest from his earthly labors.  (Psalm 23:5)  In that proclamation David was revealing the eventual coming into the earth of the ministry of the Holy Spirit when He sang that I anointed his head with oil, meaning the oil of My Holy Spirit through which I tutored him with so much wisdom and knowledge that My cup of the oil of the Holy Spirit ran over his head and covered his body until it purified him entirely, body, soul and spirit.  That was prophetic of the new birth which was provided later for My children through the ministry of My Son Jesus.  David enjoyed the benefits provided by Me by the presence of the Holy Spirit ministering to him and for him which much later in history became available to all of My children after Jesus Christ died for the sins of the world and came to live with Me so that He could send My Holy Spirit into the lives of My children in the earth so that only My goodness and kindness would accompany them every day of their lives on earth and into their lives in My heaven. (Psalm 23:6)
    David was not proclaiming that My relationship with him was as a king but instead it was as a loving shepherd who cares for his sheep with loving kindness, mercy, goodness, peace and protection in times of trouble. 
    The nation of Israel was looking for the Messiah to come as a king, but David wrote and sang that his relationship with Me, the creator of the universe, was as a Shepherd/sheep.  Oh, that My children would all enjoy the same unity and peaceful relationship with Me instead of continuing to look for a king to rule in the earth.  David's Shepherd/sheep relationship with Me was a precursor to the Father/Son relationship between Jesus Christ and Me.  They were both precursors to the Father/child relationship with Me that is made possible by the indwelling of My Holy Spirit in people when I create a new spiritual being inside of you and baptize you in My kingdom of heaven while you live in the earth.  It is then that We have a Father/child relationship in which all the benefits of My kingdom of heaven become yours. 
     You can see by this song of David that he enjoyed My presence and personal companionship to a greater degree than any other person up to his time on earth.  His song to Me proclaiming My works in his life have nothing to do with a nation or another person, but every confession of his mouth speaks of Our Father/child; Shepherd/sheep personal relationship, which is what I want of all of My children.  That is why David is referred to as a man after My whole heart.  I created people for that same close relationship with Me before there were any kings, priests, nations, countries, Pharisee or Sadducee politicians or religious teachers.  Your unity and dependence upon Me is why I created the first man who became separated from Me by the demons of the devil when Adam allowed them to flood the earth. 
    You became My child by the power of My Holy Spirit creating a new person inside of you, an individual made in My image.  You have My Spirit living inside of you, making a more close, personal relationship with Me than even David had.  You can enjoy the Father/child closeness that is only possible by the power of My Holy Spirit creating a new person inside of you and then baptizing you in My kingdom of heaven.  There is no more possible closeness than that, but you must open the gates from your side for My grace to flow into your life so that you can enjoy the same relationship with Me that David had, one of total dependence upon Me.  My desire is for children who are like sheep, dependent upon Me for everything because they know the Father/child relationship is even better than David's Shepherd/sheep.
    Your Shepherding Father of Green Pastures and Running Waters

No comments: