Sunday, January 18, 2009

SPIRITUALITY TEST


Dear One,
The true test of a person's spirituality is how he handles a family member who is consumed with evil. If one handles the offending person with hatred, rejection, judgment and disgust, then he is under law and his spirituality is of the same evil one who brought the evil actions. If he handles the offending person with love, understanding, forgiveness, discernment and grace, then he is walking in revelation knowledge of My love and his spirituality is of me.
There are many examples in the Bible of how I treated people who were in the grip of demons. I loved and comforted them and refused to judge them. When they asked to be delivered of the demons who were oppressing them, I cast the demons out. I judged the demons, not the person.
Follow My example. Comfort the downtrodden, do good to all men and you will fulfill My commandment of love. Arrest any feelings of disgust and replace them with love. Then in that atmosphere of love I can do My work more effectively in redeeming the evil doer.
Love, God
John 8:3-11; Matthew 18:21-33; Galatians 6:1-3

No comments: