Wednesday, February 2, 2011

AUTHOR AND FINISHER


Dear One,

When I said to consider Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith, I meant to do precisely that, to consider His love toward all men, His reliance on Me, His teachings about My Holy Spirit, His actions, His wisdom, His power, His faith, His attitudes toward demonic spirits.
I meant to also consider His attitudes toward religion and His rebellion against religious traditions which brought rejection to Him from the established church.
Consider every aspect of His life, including his entire ministry of healing, casting out demons, raising the dead and teaching by parables.
Consider all of His teachings about spiritual truths and wisdom and knowledge. Learn from every aspect of His life because when you consider His attitudes and His teachings and His wisdom and His knowledge, you also are considering Me and getting to know Me more intimately.
Consider that Jesus was the author of your faith. He began it by ushering in My promise to all men. That is the supernatural occurrence of My Spirit dwelling within your spirit when we become One, just like Jesus and I were One, and We still are One. We are all One together.
Consider that Jesus was the finisher of your faith because He finished the long awaited event of My ability to enter the body of a person, live within him, and restore unity with him. His resurrection restored the ability of men to constantly walk and talk with Me just like Adam did, because I can live in a person in the presence of My Holy Spirit.
Consider that Jesus finished the spiritual legality of the old covenant of the law. He proclaimed it when He said that it was finished, meaning that the religious laws of a particular country would no longer be necessary because men could have My words written in their hearts and spoken in their minds because of their sonship with Me.
Jesus began it and He finished it. Now the Holy Spirit is the distributor of all of My communication with you, just like He was with Jesus.
Consider the honor that Jesus gave to My Holy Spirit and His willingness to turn His ministry over to My Spirit.
It's all so wonderful when you consider the entire birth, ministry, death and resurrection of My Son so that you can also be My child. Consider it all. Then begin to value My Treasure that you have in your earthen vessel. It's My Life and My Love that you have inside of you.

Love, God
John 3:5-8; John 17:23; II Corinthians 4:7-10;
photo from www.sodahead.com

No comments: