Friday, February 6, 2015

DISCIPLESHIP


Dear One,
   We have talked at length about what discipline is, that it is discipleship, training a being into becoming what is in the image of the trainer.  Discipleship is not punishment.  It is guidance and training, leading the pupil into the right thoughts, attitudes and behavior as taught by the parent, teacher, guide, master or trainer.   Discipleship requires the time of the trainer and of the learner.  If there is inadequate time given on the part of the trainer, then the trainee becomes unmanageable and undisciplined, ignorant of what is required.  Often the trainer punishes the trainee for doing something that the trainer was delinquent in teaching the trainee.  The problem is not the trainee, it's the lack of time spent by the trainer in leading and guiding his trainee. (Ephesians 2:4)

   So where does punishment come in?  It is said that sin has its own punishments.  Those punishments are not pleasant because they are the result of the trainee getting into dangerous territory which causes destruction to people.  So it is the effects of disobedience that brings punishment upon a disciple or trainee. Real discipleship, whether in parenting or in training, is given to protect the disciple from the effects of making bad choices which will cause harm to himself and others.
   Jesus said to his disciples that they were discipled by His words.  There was never any sickness, diseases or abuse given to people to whom He ministered.  He healed their sickness and diseases and took from them the broken hearts that come from abuses done to them.  He cured them instead of punishing them.  Their punishment came from the devil who tempts My children to think and do evil works.  He tempts them and then he brings evil results from their obedience to him. His works are the punishment that comes from disobedience.  When My children return to Me after making the bad choices which resulted in bad things happening to them, I restore them to My family and bless them because they have returned to Me and have turned from the bad choices that came from obeying the temptations of the evil one.   I do not punish.  I restore.
    How do I relate this to forgiveness?  When an offense is done to you, the temptation comes from hell for you to punish the one who offends you.  Also, the prompting comes from Me to forgive someone who offends you.  You have the choice because I gave My children the will to choose between good and evil.  Even the cartoonists in your world have portrayed that scenario when they draw a devil from hell whispering in one ear and an angel from Me whispering in the other ear.  That is exactly what happens. 
    When My children have allowed My Holy Spirit, who is My personal tutor for them, to lead and guide them into truth, they realize that I am not the one who punishes, but that I am the One who heals people from the effects of the punishment that was exacted by the devil upon the ones who obey his temptations.  I am never angry with My children who make bad choices in obedience to the devil.  I am always eager to embrace and restore them to My family and My blessings.  I grieve for them because they have suffered the punishment from the evil one.  And I am always waiting for the prodigals to return to Me for My love and My blessings.
   So when someone hurts you, I tutor you to forgive the person, refusing to wish the punishment of the devil from coming upon them.  When you don't forgive, you also suffer the effects of the punishment because you are bound to the offender in your thoughts. When you forgive the person, you release the person from punishment and you release yourself from the punishment caused by the situation.  When you forgive a person, you incorporate the offender in your efforts to defeat the work of the devil in the offensive situation.  That is why I said to do good to your enemies.  In doing so, you tenderize your enemy who hurt you, causing your enemy to give up his or her anger at you and he or she releases you from the offense that caused the situtation in the beginning. 
   Forgiveness is one of My most powerful tools to aid My children in defeating the works of the devil.  Refusing to forgive a person aids the devil in doing his work in the earth.  When you refuse to forgive others, you work in cooperation with the evil,; but when you forgive others you work in cooperation with My goodness in the world.
   Jesus taught you by His example of forgiving the ones who killed him and asking Me to forgive them.  His remarks about, "They know not what they do," meant that they did not know that they were furthering the devil's work.  You must maintain the same attitudes, that anyone who wrongs you does not know that he or she is furthering the devil's work.  Therefore, they deserve your forgiveness because I forgive you.(Luke 23:34)
    Release yourself from promoting the devil and begin to forgive others so that you promote My kingdom.(Matthew 5:14-15)
     Your Forgiving and Loving Father       
       

No comments: