Friday, June 15, 2018

PARABLE OF THE RICH MAN

My Dear Precious Child,
   Jesus told in His parables the promise of My kingdom coming into the earth.  He said that until the time of John the Baptist, the religious laws and the prophets were My way to help My children in the earth avoid evil.  When the proper time came, John the Baptist began to teach about My kingdom of God and that everyone who chooses enters into it after much violence being done in the spiritual dimension and in the earth. (Luke 16:16)  The devil fought My kingdom coming into the earth unceasingly because he knew his days were limited in the lives of My children who choose to invite My Holy Spirit into their lives.   When Jesus spoke those words about violence, little did people know that Jesus was going to be arrested, crucified, died, was buried, earthquakes happened, the sun was darkened and there was much violence in the earth as well in the heavens, as was prophesied.  (Acts 14:2) Again Jesus said that it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than it would be for one little word from My prophesies in the laws to go unfulfilled.  (Luke 16:17)
   Then Jesus taught about the rich man who dressed lavishly and feasted magnificently.  At his gate every day a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, sat there.  Lazarus longed to fill himself with just the scraps that fell from the table of the rich man.  He was so pitiful that dogs even came and licked his sores. (Luke 16:21-22)
    The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to the bosom of Abraham, since the event happened under the old covenant of religious laws because Jesus had not yet died for the sins of the world.  The rich man also died and was buried.  In his torment in hell the rich man looked up and saw Abraham and Lazarus together.  The rich man cried out to Abraham to have pity on him and to send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and cool his tongue because he was in much agony in the flames of fire.  (Luke 6:23-24)
   Abraham answered that in the rich man's days in the earth good things had come his way, but for Lazarus bad things had come his way.   He said that Lazarus was being comforted in heaven while the rich man was being tormented  in hell. (Luke 16:25-26)  He said that Lazarus was being comforted while the rich man was in agony.  There was an additional curse.  Between them was a great gulf that had been placed there to stop anyone, if he wanted to, to cross from one side to the other side, plus to stop anyone from crossing from any side into heaven. 
   The rich man begged Abraham to send Lazarus to His father's house.  Since he had five brothers, he wanted someone to warn them. so that they would be warned and not have to go to the house of torment, also.
   Abraham told him that they had the laws of Moses and the other prophets so let them listen to those prophets because what was happening was included in the prophesies.
   The rich man begged Abraham to send someone to his brothers, saying that they would believe if someone came to them from the dead,  Abraham refused,  saying that if they wouldn't listen to Moses and the prophets, they surely would not listen to someone who came to them from the dead who told them to repent.(Luke 16:27-31)
   In telling that parable Jesus was telling His disciples that the children of Israel would not believe in Him when He rose from the dead because of their belief only in the religious practices and laws of the old covenant.  He knew that their hearts were hardened toward Him by the devil and that the hearts of the Pharisees, Sadducees and the scribes, as a nation, would not believe in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for them of dying for their sins.  They would persist in believing in laying their hands on goats and sheep for the forgiveness of their sins, refusing to believe that Jesus actually came from Me to die for their sins.  (Leviticus 1:10)
   The religious and political leaders, because of the hardness of the hearts of the Jews who trusted them, through them the prophesies were fulfilled and the good news of My kingdom of heaven coming into the earth in the lives of My children was taken to the Gentile unbelievers, the sick, the crippled, the blind, the deaf and the brokenhearted who received the message with joy. (I Samuel 6:6)  They  believed on the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ and His resurrection from the dead, and so they also believed in My kingdom of heaven coming into the lives of My children through the ministry of My Holy Spirit.  Some Jews also believed and repented, experiencing My kingdom of heaven entering into their lives.    
   I am no respecter of persons.  In Christ there are no Jews, Gentiles, males, females, slaves or free people.  (Galatians 3:26-29)  All people are equal in My sight.  There are no chosen nations.  There is only My kingdom of heaven which comes into the lives of My children when they are born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit.  When My children are born of My Spirit, they are citizens of a new nation, My kingdom of heaven.  All old things must pass away in their loyalty because all things become new, new thoughts, new attitudes, new speech, new actions and new dedication to their new nation, My kingdom of heaven.
   Don't be like the rich man who was in torment in hell.  Some of My children have one foot in My kingdom of heaven and the other foot being loyal to things in the earth.  They never inherit the benefits and blessings of My kingdom of God in their lives because they are double minded.  (Luke 16:13)
   Everything good will be added to your life if you are single minded, always seeking My wisdom in everything.  (James 1:2-8)
   Your Father of Wise Insights       
     

No comments: