Saturday, June 9, 2018

THE HUMILITY PARABLE

THE HUMILITY PARABLE
My Dear Precious Child,
   Jesus observed that certain men who came to hear Him teach had consistently and quickly taken the seats of honor in an assembly.  In order to teach them a valuable lesson, Jesus told them a parable about a wedding feast.  He told the men not to take a place of honor at a wedding feast because a distinguished person might also have been invited.  If you take a place of honor, the person who invited you to the feast might come to you and tell you to give up your place of honor to the other man.  Jesus said if that takes place, that you will be embarrassed and you will have to go and take a place of the lowest honor.  His valuable advice is for you to originally take the lowest place of honor and sit there.  Then the host might come to you and tell you to take the place of honor.  In that scenario, everyone at your table will see you honored by the host.  His final advice in that situation is to tell you that those people who exalt themselves will be humbled by others and those people who humble themselves will be honored by Me. (Luke 14:7-11) 
   The experiences that Jesus had were related to the religious and political leaders who loved to pridefully place themselves at the front of an assembly or at the head of a table in order to be seen by people and thought to be more important, wiser and more distinguished than others.  Jesus had described the actions of the Pharisees when He taught that woes from the devil would come upon them for their pride and their seeking the most attention and honor from people.  (Luke 11:43)
   After teaching about taking the lowest seats of honor for themselves, Jesus went on to teach about hosting a lunch or a dinner and whom you should invite.  He told the people not to invite their friends, their relatives or their rich neighbors.  He said that those people would feel obligated to return the favor and so it would continue on and on, always paying back the favor. Your obligations would become a burden.  Jesus said that your guests should be the poor, the crippled, the lame and the blind.  The fact that they cannot pay you back makes you fortunate because your giving to them is pure.  You will be rewarded by Me for your kind actions toward the people in need.  You will also escape the devil's traps of obligations which are merely social laws which bind you to always having to return a favor instead of feeding people who cannot return a favor. (Matthew 25:35-40)
   Those two parables of My kingdom as taught by Jesus are vitally important to My children in understanding the difference between the old covenant and My new covenant of love.  The leaders of the nation of the old covenant became prideful,          
exclusive and demanding of honor.  My Holy Spirit teaches My children of My kingdom of heaven how to be humble and kind to the afflicted, poor and blind.  In My kingdom, the focus of My children changes from their own selfishness to others who have needs.
   The difference between the two covenants is simply that, a switch of emphasis in the minds of My children to the poor, the blind and the needy and away from the prideful actions that come from the religious and political leaders. 
   Paying heed to the truths in the parables of My kingdom will create the mind of Christ in My children.  (I Corinthians 2:16)  It is your choice because I told you to LET the mind of Christ be in you because even though He was My Son in the earth, He humbled Himself, thought Himself to be of low esteem, and ministered to the poor, the blind, the deaf and the demon possessed. (Philippians 2:3-8)
   In the parable of My humble children in My kingdom of heaven, Jesus was teaching the difference between the people of the old covenant and My children of My new covenant of love.  The religious ministers and political leaders of the old covenant with Israel became elevated in their own minds to places of honor ABOVE people instead of having the mind of a servant, as Jesus did.  Because of their inflated egos, they did not recognize My Son Jesus as the Christ.  Instead of giving Him honor as My Son, they plotted to kill Him because He did not fit their image of what My Son would be.  They expected a king in glorious robes and Jesus was a servant who ministered to the poor and needy of the world.  I exalted Him to His place of honor, having Him take His seat along with Me as the Savior of the world instead of a tyrant and ruler.  Because He had the mind of a servant, He became "the Christ, the Son of the Living God," as I revealed to Peter.
  Go and do likewise, refusing to take the seats of honor in any gathering.  Do the same thing in relation to your attitude in relation to other people, remembering that you are a server of My love, My forgiveness, My power, My joy, My peace and My kindness to others   Because of having that attitude of being a servant, equal in all ways to people of low estate, I can trust you to serve My miracles and wisdom to them so that they will be healed and born anew.  They will enter into My kingdom of love and I will elevate them to the honor of being My children of promise.  When you keep an humble attitude, I can elevate you to the position of being My child of favor.    
   Your Humble and Loving Father 

No comments: