Friday, October 3, 2008

THE CROSS REVISITED


Dear One,
Very often, releasing yourself from oppressive spirits and then releasing yourself from the consequences of those sins are the hardest things you can ever do. Forgiveness is the hardest when it is personal because you don't think you deserve forgiveness. You might find it easier to forgive others but find it hard to forgive yourself.
You are so much more inclined to expect less from other people than you expect from yourself.
You are reluctant to forgive yourself because you are persecuting yourself, putting yourself on a cross instead of accepting forgiveness merely because Jesus already endured the cross for all your sin.
When you accept My forgiveness you accept Me into your heart again to a new and more powerful degree because I become more real to you in My act of forgiveness to you.
I know your struggles and I easily forgive you when you miss the mark. My nature is to forgive. I already paid the price for all shortcomings. Please accept My forgiveness so you can go on living and forgiving others.
Love, God
Matthew 6: 12; Mark 2:10-12; Mark 11:25; John 20:22
photo from our friend NatashaP at www.flickr.com

No comments: