Sunday, June 29, 2008

GOD CALLING


A special dragonfly came calling
To my house the other day.
His message was loud and clear
“All is well,” he seemed to say.
He has come to me many times
With his message of good cheer,
“Angels are working in your behalf
So give no thought to fear.”
He remained so very long
Perched on the flower stem,
Stately balancing before my eyes
So I would take good note of him.
Comfort and faith he brings to me
In his announcement from the skies,
Making sure I notice him
Before into the air he flies.
This time he stayed so very long
Making sure I heard his tale
Of miracles that are in the works
And that my God will never fail.
I don’t personally ask for visits
But suddenly he comes to me,
Just another beautiful gift
For a mortal’s eyes to see.
I received his message clearly
As my heart swelled with praise,
Lifting my thoughts above the earth
With this faith gift in my gaze.
When I noticed he had left my view
Another creature appeared for me,
A bright red bird perched on the fence
Singing love songs melodically.
A blessed day I would call it
With two messages from above
Letting me see the heavens open
And sending personal edicts of love.
painting by Karen Margulis

No comments: