Sunday, August 5, 2012

TREAT YOURSELF

Dear One,
Rewarding yourself occasionally is good.
I said to love others as you love yourself. If you don't give to yourself, you won't feel good about giving to others.
A good earthly father will give money to his children occasionally and tell them to buy something for themselves. If you have trouble giving to yourself, think of it as Me, your Heavenly Father, telling you to buy something for yourself and to go and enjoy it. It's a benefit of being My child.
Let Me give you encouragement, approval and support. Then grant yourself approval, encouragement and support because it is the loving thing to do. When you can do that, you can easily give approval, encouragement and support to others.
If you think that I am critical, disapproving, lacking in encouragement and withholding of My love, then you will be of the same attitude toward others because you feel deprived and you will deprive others of the outgrowth of My love.
Knowing the depth, height, width and breadth of My love for you will cause you to become free in your giving of gifts, whether they are to yourself or others. Gifts can be in the form of compliments, approval, encouragement or earthly amenities. They all derive from love.
Can you see that giving gifts to yourself and others comes from the knowledge that they all come from My love for My children?
Tight fisted people don't know the key to My family dynamic of giving as being a sign of love. Treat yourself and, by all means, treat others to Our gifts to them.
Love, God
Matthew 5:45; Matthew 7:7-12; Matthew 10:8; Matthew 13:12; Matthew 13:3637; Matthew 16:19; Matthew 17: 27; Matthew 25:29; Matthew 25; 24-40.
photo from: Lilykelsey_lovefusion@flickr.com

No comments: