Monday, October 29, 2012

GRATEFUL AND THANKFUL

Dear One,
     Gratefulness grows and grows and grows.  It never stops growing because gratefulness is the pathway to more blessings because you have accessed My endless well of blessings when you are grateful.
     It's not that I pour onto you more and more blessings when you are grateful.  The secret is that your gratefulness puts a suction on all the wonderful things that I have already set aside for you as your inheritance. 
     Genuine attitudes of thanksgiving open the gates to your life so that blessings that had been previously blocked can find the open pathway to the door of your life. 
     Gratefulness is a precursor to great-full-ness in your life.  It is so easy to be grateful.  You can just reflect back on the wonderful things that I have done in your life and the lives of your family. 
     My children shouldn't force gratefulness just to get My blessings.  I know your heart and the purity of your heart.
     Good things are attracted to you when you live in an attitude of true gratefulness.  It might be the parking place in front of the store or the clerk opening a checkout line just when you walk up, or it might be a miraculous healing or even being thankful to me for putting into human bodies the ability to heal themselves from minor injuries.
     If you have a problem finding things to be grateful about, then you and I need to have a long talk.  There might be demonic influences blinding your eyes to the marvelous things that I do for you every day, the small things and the huge things.
     Have you thought about it this way, when your thoughts are on the wonderful things that I have done for you, your mind is stayed on Me.  I promised that when your mind is stayed on Me that you will have perfect peace. 
     Do you need peace in your mind?  One sure way to get it is to think, speak and sing your gratefulness.  Then it will be, "Open, I say," to the gates of your life for rivers of blessings to flow.
     Love, God 
Matthew 11:25-26; Matthew 15:36-39; Luke 17:12-19; I Corinthians 1:4; Psalm 18:49-50; Psalm 26:7; Psalm 35:18; Psalm 50:14-15; Isaiah 26:3.

Photo compliments of Barb Mullally, Princeton, Wisconsin

No comments: