Friday, October 26, 2012

WHO'S YOUR FATHER?

Dear One,
     Render to your government what is the government's, but render to Me what is Mine.   That applies to devotion.   Pay your taxes and obey the laws of your country, but be careful about who is the object of your devotion. 
     Extreme devotion to nations in the form of patriotism is often more important to people than devotion to Me.  The word patriotism comes from patriarch, which connotes fatherhood. If you are totally devoted to a nation by reason of patriotism, looking to that country to be the answer to all of your problems, you will be sorely disappointed because the people governing your country are humans and they are made from earth just like you are. They are no more equipped to be your father than you are able to answer all of your own needs.
     Your country cannot be your savior.  If you make it your savior, you are putting your trust in human beings again.  Be cautious that you don't substitute devotion to your nation for your devotion to Me.
     The disciples who walked and talked and were taught by Jesus made that mistake.  After His miraculous resurrection, their main concern was if their country would be restored to power.  They thought Jesus was more concerned about their country than He was about My kingdom, which is My family.  Like Me, Jesus was concerned about saving My children from the destruction of the devil but the disciples were concerned about their country being restored to power.  When Jesus had told them to go to Jerusalem to wait for the promise of the Father, they thought the promise of the Father was to give land and power back to their country.  However, they went to wait for My promise.
     My real promise, which was instituted by Jesus, was the coming of the Holy Spirit into the earth to live in all My children who invite Him. My promise was to grant power over evil to My children, not grant power to one nation over another nation.  The disciples had substituted patriotism for their nation for a relationship with Me, the real Heavenly Patriarch.
     Yes, the right amount of devotion for your country is good, being thankful that you are free to make choices is important.  But don't think all of your future happiness and prosperity depend on who is in a governing position in your country.  Your relationship with Me determines that, not the people who govern your country. 
     My children should still ask themselves, "Who is My Father?  Is it my country that I have made my savior or is it Father God through Jesus Christ, the real Savior?"  That's what your future depends upon.
     Love, God
Matthew 16:15-22; Luke 24:44-53; Acts 1:1-9; Acts 2:1-4; Acts 2:29-38; Ephesians 1:16-23; I John 3:8.    

No comments: