Tuesday, November 19, 2013

OLD WINE BOTTLES

Dear One, Since the reason for the religious laws given to the Israelites was to identify sin, which are the works of the devil, they were not intended to be used to condemn My children or to condemn others who did not obey the laws.
 However, they were used by the devil to do just that, bring condemnation and guilt. That was not My intention for the laws. That is why I told My children to love mercy and to do justly, and walk humbly with Me. In other words, I was telling them to listen to My instructions given at that time through the prophets, to be merciful to the people who did not keep the religious laws instead of condemning them. The John who came before Jesus called the religious leaders vipers and Jesus called them vipers because they were supposed to use the religious laws to free My children but they used them to condemn them. Jesus said He preferred mercy to sacrifices. He said they returned evil for evil and they oppressed the poor who had no tithes or sacrifices instead of being merciful to them and feeding them. Jesus taught My children to do the opposite of what they had been taught by religious leaders. He taught that they must return good for evil done to them, to forgive those people who spitefully use them. He told them not to judge so that they would not be judged. He told them to forgive their enemies instead of opposing them, just like I do. He taught more effective ways to defeat evil in the world than what their religious laws taught. He taught that love, mercy, kindness, goodness, joy, faith and patience are more effective weapons against those who promote evil. He taught that My children should not bring old religious practices into My new relationship with them, which is the covenant of love, Christ living in you, the hope of glory. You must not go back to the old religious laws as a symbol of your righteousness. If you do, you must keep all of them or the laws will condemn you. Instead, be led and guided by My Spirit to love everyone and you will fulfill all of the laws. Love is the nature of Our family. Matthew 3:1-12; Matthew 12:24-37; Matthew 9:16-17; Matthew 5;38-48; Matthew 6: 1-6; Matthew 7: 1-6; Galatians 5:16-22.

No comments: