Wednesday, June 26, 2019

PARABLE OF THE WINESKINS

PARABLE OF THE WINESKINS
My Dear Precious Child,
    When John the Baptist's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting, some people asked Jesus Christ why His disciples were not fasting, since it was a religious day of fasting.  Jesus answered them by saying that as long as the bridegroom is with the groom's attendants, there is no reason to fast, but he said that the time would come when the bridegroom would be taken away and then on that day they would fast, indicating that there would be new practices and new guidance when My kingdom of heaven came into the earth.
    To further explain, Jesus Christ said that no one sews a piece of new, shrinkable cloth on an old coat.  If he does, the patch will pull away from the coat, the new patch from the old coat, and the original tear gets worse.  He also gave another comparison, saying that nobody puts new wine into old wineskins because if he did the new wine would burst the old skins when it fermented, the new wine would be lost and the skins ruined.  He said, "No mixing the old and the new.  New wine; new wineskins."  (Mark 2:18-22)
    Jesus was referring to the new covenant of the Holy Spirit which was to come after Jesus Christ was crucified, went to hell, rose from the dead, came to sit down with Me in My heaven and He would send My Holy Spirit into the lives of My children who had been cleansed of their sins and were sinless, white as snow.  What was to happen was that after Jesus Christ was raised from the dead and appeared to the disciples and believers, he breathed on them and told them to receive the Holy Spirit, that whose sins they forgave were forgiven and whose sins they retained would be retained.  (John 20:19-23)  They were born of My Holy Spirit on that day and went on to Jerusalem to wait for My promise to be fulfilled in their lives, which happened on the day of the feast of Pentecost i the upper room in Jerusalem. (Acts 1:1-8; Acts 2:1-4)
   The key of My kingdom of heaven in this parable of Jesus Christ is that My new covenant of the Holy Spirit cannot be combined with the old commandments because they are different covenants.  Jesus Christ was saying that My new covenant of the Holy Spirit of being born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit would never be compatible with the old covenant of Mosaic Law.  They have entirely different tenets, different words, different beliefs, a different emphasis. The old one is physical and My new one is spiritual.  Jesus said that they are not compatible, the new does not fit into the laws and rules of the old.  He even said that if you try to fit the new in with the old, there are dire consequences.  The truths in the new covenant will be lost, becoming meaningless to you, and the old covenant will be totally ineffective by the tearing away of the new.  In the part about the wineskins, Jesus Christ said that the wine will be entirely lost and the wineskins will be torn, both being ineffective.  His emphasis was that there must be new wineskins to contain the new wine, meaning that being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit must not be mixed with the old laws because My power will be diminished in the life of that person and there will be no salvation from the works of the devil. (Romans 7:1-18) 
    In teaching that parable, Jesus Christ was prophesying a warning about the false prophets who would come to try to entice My children who are born of My Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit to return and be circumcised, joining with the Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes in their temples.  All of My power in the person who is empowered by My Holy Spirit would be lost because of the old laws having become the laws of sin and death because of the devil's invasion into them.  The old laws will smother the power of My Holy Spirit in the person, which is what the devil has always desired to do, rob My children of My power over him.  My new covenant of the Holy Spirit in the person would be diminished until there is no supernatural power left. 
   That warning by Jesus Christ was forgotten by many converts to My new covenant of the Holy Spirit and they were enticed to return to circumcision as a means of salvation through obeying the many laws of Moses and the other political additions to the Law.  As was the warning of Jesus Christ, the people who tried to mix the two were left power-less of My Holy Spirit with no miracles,  healings or solutions to problems because they tried to mix the old law and My grace.  It cannot be done without diminishing My power in the earth. 
    Yet, many people tried it and were left with powerless lives with no evidence of the Holy Spirit being alive inside of them.  The apostle Paul wrote three letters to churches about this very truth because another apostle had enticed some of My children to return to Judaism and it had done the very thing that Jesus Christ warned against.  They became powerless against the evil in the world.  Paul even wrote to some people who had returned to the old laws and he asked them who had bewitched them.  (Galatians 3:1-5)
    As Jesus Christ said, "New wine; new wineskins."  Leave the dead old covenant laws behind and totally trust in My guidance for you through the indwelling of My Holy Spirit.
    Your Father of the New Efficient Covenant

No comments: