Tuesday, December 8, 2020

LUSTFUL PASSIONS PRODUCE WOES

My Dear Precious Child,
    Prophesies through the prophet Hosea were tinged with the events going on in the life of of Hosea at the time.  His wife had committed adultery and Hosea became a jealous lover who longed for his marriage to become whole, even though his wife Gomer was an adulteress.  My prophesies through Hosea to Israel reflect his own own unhappy marriage.  He related the sins of Israel to the sins of Gomer, her having been an adulteress with other men.  Hosea called Israel's idolatry and oppression of the poor by the name of "infidelity", relating to its evil actions being taken on the part of a prostitute by its turning away from Me and placing idols in My place.  One of Israel's infidelities was placing kings and princes in place without My guidance and My approval.  Those kings and princes allowed evil to govern their country. (Hosea 8:1-9) 
    Even though I was willing to restore the people of Israel to fellowship with me, their guilt stood out because of their wickedness.  (Hosea 7:1-2)  They had many kings in a few short years because the kings were murdered by other princes and inferior officials.  I told Hosea that the fires of passions burned heatedly in those officials, like the fire in a baker's oven. (Hosea 7:3-4)  I said that the princes were overcome with wine and they assembled like-minded plotters with hearts like ovens.  They slept at night but in the morning their anger flared like burning ovens.  They consumed their rulers and their kings fell, yet none of them called upon Me in their danger for My input and My guidance.  (Hosea 7:5-7)  Instead, they consulted with idols who had no power to do good, only to do evil. 
     I said through Hosea that woes would come upon the people because of their lust for power and their lust for many idols.  They cried upon their beds, but not for Me.  They howled because of their assembling around wine and then rebelling against Me.  Though I had strengthened them, they still imagined mischief against Me.  (Hosea 7:13-15)
    The people continued in their rebellion against Me, going after idols like a passionate man goes after a whore.  I said that their princes who had killed the kings would perish by the sword because of the insolence of their own tongues and that they would be mocked in the entire land of Egypt. (Hosea 7:16) 
    The lamentations of My heart concerning Israel and their desires to be always running toward idols instead of running to Me for My help is reflected in My heartfelt plea generations later by My Son Jesus Christ when He said, "Oh, Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who killed the prophets and stoned the people I sent to you,  how often would I have gathered your children together like a hen gathers her brood under her wings;  yet, you would not!"   He spoke those words to the Jewish politicians, the Pharisees and lawmakers, who had rejected Me when I came to earth in the flesh of Jesus.  I told the Jews that their house would be desolate and that they would not see Me until they said, "Blessed is He that comes in the name of the Lord." (Luke 13:34-35)  Their house remains desolate even into your day except for the individual Jews who recognize Jesus Christ as My Son and the only way to their salvation.  Those individual Jews walk in newness of life through My new covenant of the Holy Spirit and they enjoy My kingdom of God in their lives on earth.  The nation of Israel, itself, is desolate even in your day.  Woes are still their judgments from hell because of their deeds of worshiping of national idols, their oppression of the poor and the sojourners, and their affection for war.  It is their own evil conduct and evil deeds from yielding to the temptations to worship national treasures that bring the devil's woes upon them.
    Don't make the same mistakes.  Like I told you, extreme national patriotism and partisan politics are a fruit of the flesh, not a fruit of My Holy Spirit.(Galatians 5:20)  Being a fruit of the flesh, they are passionate, burning hot ovens like the passions in the princes and officials of Israel that caused Hosea to prophesy woes which were to come upon them. (Hosea 7:13) Jesus Christ prophesied to the politicians and religious leaders of his day that the same woes would come upon them. (Luke 11:42-54)  The devil never changes.  He tempts people to make idols of their national laws and officials, all of which will die and pass away.  My kingdom of God is stable, secure and always the same with the Power of My Holy Spirit as its strength and its guidance. 
    David said, "Some people trust in the power of horses and chariots (national laws and weapons) but My trust is in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7) let that confession also  be your confession.     
    Your Father of Repeated Forgiveness 

No comments: