Tuesday, May 20, 2014

KNOWING GOD

Dear One, Paul said that his determined purpose was that he might know Me, to become more intimately acquainted with Me. He said that he counted everything as loss because of the worth of knowing Jesus Christ, knowing the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His suffering. He said that he suffered many losses but gained righteousness through faith in Christ, becoming like Him in His death by also obtaining resurrection from the dead.

Paul said that He found that the way that he could know Me intimately was to forget all that laid behind, forgetting his old religious teachings, forgetting the guilt of his sins, his mistakes, his own accomplishments, his own desires, his own failures, forgetting the sins of others toward him. He said that it was his aspiration to press on toward the goal to win the prize of the high calling of Christ, knowing Me as Jesus knows Me, become one with me like Jesus prayed. Paul said that you must hold onto the true knowledge of Me which you have already attained and to build upon that foundation. Paul was an excellent example of the determination it takes to seek My kingdom and My righteousness, knowing that everything would be added to him. He sought to know Me through the earthly life, death and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus portrayed My character in the earth which is My love for all My creation. That's a good starting place, knowing My love. When you are intimately acquainted with My love, you are beginning to be intimately acquainted with Me. When you know My Son, you will know Me. My desire is that when people know you that they will know Me. Your Loving Father Philippians 3:10-16; Ephesians 1:17-23; John 1:18; John 5:19-20; John 6:46-48; John 8:38; John 14:7-12; Matthew 5:16.

No comments: