Friday, May 17, 2019

JOHN'S FIRST LOVE LETTER

My Dear Precious Child,
    The apostle and prophet John claimed that he was the apostle whom Jesus loved so much because his revelation of My love was so complete and exhilarating to him.  John was enamored with the revelation of My love, and his ministry showed that he endeavored to convince all of My children of the immense power of My love to love others as I love them, the power to transform My children into My image, the power to send My Son into the world to pay the price of death on the cross for all sinners, the power to rescue My children from all the works of the devil and the power to come into the earth and live inside of My children in the world along with the evil that pollutes it.  John began his letter with a description of Christ Jesus, referring to Him as the Word, referring to My words which became flesh in Him and desires to become flesh in you. (I John 1:1)
    John wrote that he was one of the people who had seen Jesus Christ with human eyes, touched Him with their hands and watched Him do His miracles.  He wrote that My Son was the subject of his letter.  He told his followers that Jesus Christ is life, that the disciples saw it and they gave their testimonies in letters, telling you about the eternal life which I had made visible to people.  He wrote that what they had seen and heard they are telling you so that you may be in union with Me, just as Christ is in union with Me, and then the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses you of all sins.  John wrote that the disciples wrote their letters so that their own joy would be complete.
(I John 1:2-4)
     His subject became the truth that what the disciples heard from Jesus Christ was that I am light, that in Me there is no darkness at all.  He wrote that if you say that you are in union with Me while you are still living in darkness, then you are lying because you are not living the truth.  He insisted that if My children live in the light as He is in the light, then you are in union with Him and the blood of Jesus, My Son, purifies you from all sin. (I John 1:5-7)  He also insisted that if you say that you have no sin, you are deceiving yourself and refusing to admit the truth; but if you acknowledge your sins, then I am faithful and just to forgive your sins and to purify you from everything that is wrong in your life.  To say that you have never sinned is to call Me a liar and it shows that My Word is not in you. (I John 1:8-10)
     He encouraged the readers of his letter that he was writing the letter to stop you and My other children from sinning which causes you to inherit destruction and death from the devil.  But, if you do sin, he wanted you to remember that you have an advocate with Me and He is Jesus Christ, the righteous One, and He is the sacrifice that takes away your sins; not only yours but the sins of the whole world. (I John 2:1-2)
    Then John spoke what Jesus Christ, Himself, had spoken that the way that you know me for sure is if you keep My commandments.  He wrote that anyone who says that he or she knows Me and does not keep My commandments is lying, refusing to admit the truth.  But when anyone does obey what Christ has said, My love comes to perfection in that person.  If your actions are of obeying what I said through Him, then My love has come to perfection in you.  When you do obey what I have said, then you will be living in Me and having the same kind of life that Christ Jesus lived while He was in the earth. (I John 2:3-6)
    John reminded the believers that this is not a new commandment that he was talking about but it's and old commandment that My children were given from the beginning, the original commandment that was My message brought to you.  He admitted that he was writing the commandment in a different way with different words but it's the same as taught by Jesus Christ.  He said that what was carried out in the life of Jesus Christ must also be what is carried out in your life.  He wrote that what is being carried out in the lives of believers is like a new commandment because the night is over and the real Light is already shining.  He told the readers that anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the dark.  But anyone who love his brother is living in the light and needs to not be afraid of stumbling, unlike the person who hates his brother and is in darkness, not knowing where he is going because it is too dark to see. (I John 2:7-11)
    The apostle John wrote that he was speaking to all people whose sins have been forgiven through Christ's name, to fathers who have come to know the One who has existed from the beginning, to young men who have already overcome the evil one; also referring to old men who have come to know Me who existed from the beginning because they are strong and My word has made its home in them, and therefore they have overcome the evil one.  He warned you that you must not love the world and anything that is in it instead of loving it because My love cannot be in anyone who loves the world because the devil is still the spiritual prince of the world. (John 16:11)  You cannot love good and evil.  You will hate one and love the other.  He reminded the believers that the world has nothing to offer except a sensual body, a lustful eye and pride in possessions, all of which never come from Me.  He reminded them that the world and all it stands for will eventually come to an end but anyone who does My will remains forever.  (I John 2:12-17)
   In the beginning of the letter John established the truth about My abundant love and about the way that I showed My love for My children, which was to come to earth in the person of My son Jesus Christ and die for their sins so that they did not have to be crucified for their own sins because I became their substitute and stood in for each one of them when Christ, an innocent man, went to the cross and died as a substitute for every man who ever lived.  There is no greater love than that of dying for the sins of other people.  The crucifixion and descent into hell of Christ satisfied the devil's vengeance upon Me and mankind and satisfied the religious and political laws.  My children do not need to go to hell because Jesus Christ already went to hell for you.  That is a reason for your living a life of constant celebration in thanksgiving for the unselfishness of Christ in His becoming a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.  You don't need to live a life of hell in the earth because My Holy Spirit who lives inside of you has the same power to overcome the evil that He did when He lived in Christ Jesus.
   As a reward to you for accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, you can become My child with the right to know Me intimately, to share in My wisdom and knowledge, to be healed from the devil's works in the world, to become ministers of reconciliation by restoring all people to Me.  Plus, you inherit My powerful life source, My Holy Spirit, who makes His earthly home in you with the duty of  transforming you into My image in the earth, empowering you to overcome every evil in the world and make disciples of other people by introducing them to My Son and to My Holy Spirit.   You become My images in the world and people see your good works and they choose to glorify Me also as their Father in heaven. (I Corinthians 3:16)
    John knew that the power of My love can only be revealed by My Holy Spirit and so you have the pleasure and delight of telling My children about being born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit, which means that you provide a dwelling place for Me in the earth, a body in which My Holy Spirit can establish Himself as Lord in the earth and bring freedom from the works of the devil to all of My creation.  (II Corinthians 3:16-18) What a pleasure it is for you to be called My child, a child of the Creator who created the heavens and the earth.  The apostle John had insight into the ministry of Jesus Christ and the ministry of the Holy Spirit.  Be attentive to His words and you will walk in the knowledge of My love for you and the world in which you live with the power to overcome all evil influences in the world that are sent from hell to enslave you to their desires.
    You have the power of My Holy Spirit inside of you.  You are not powerless over evil, failure or defeat because you have the most forceful and explosive power available in the earth and in the heavens in the person of My Holy Spirit.  He lives inside of you.  Christ died so that you might have that inherited privilege.  You must listen to His guidance, His counsel, His insight, His wisdom, His knowledge, His encouragement and His discernment because they are My words to you which never die but they remain active, powerful and bring freedom to you from despair and defeat when you take His advice because it is My Fatherly advice. (Jeremiah 1:9-12)
    Your Father of Beneficial Advice

No comments: