Sunday, May 12, 2019

PETER'S CHALLENGE

My Dear Precious Child,
    Peter reminded the believers in the churches to which He wrote that he was an elder in the churches and since he was an eye witness to the sufferings of Christ that he would share with the other believers in My glory which is to come when all of you meet Him face to face.  Then he challenged the other elders to be good shepherds of the flocks which had been entrusted to them by Me, to watch over the other believers, not as a matter of duty, but because I wanted them to do it.  He told the elders in the churches not to watch over the flocks for sordid money but to do it because of the loving urges of the Holy Spirit to do it.  His most emphatic instruction was to not be a dictator over the believers that are put in their charge, bu instead to be a good example that the whole flock can follow.  He said when the Chief Shepherd was revealed that they would all be given a crown of everlasting glory.  (I Peter 4:1-4)
    To the flocks in the churches Peter wrote that you should do what the elders in the church tell you to do and that you must wrap yourselves in the humility of being servants of each other because I oppose the proud and I favor the humble.  He advised the other believers to bow down before My power and that I would raise them up on their final day on the earth. 
   Then Peter mirrored the command of Jesus Christ that you and all of the believers must unload all of your worries onto Me, since I am looking out for you constantly. Jesus taught you that you must not be concerned about anything, but with prayers and thanksgiving you should let your requests be made known to Me and I will grant your requests. (Matthew 7:11;Philippians 4:6) 
   That is the rest that I promised to you, that you will rest from your labors and allow Me to perform My perfect will in every matter and solve every problem that presents itself in your life on earth. (Hebrews 4:10)  I have spiritual solutions to earthly problems that My children are powerless to know about or perform.  I am your Father.  I bring My spiritual solutions to every problem that you place in My hands when you leave them in My hands and walk in the faith that My Holy Spirit gives to you.  What good is My being a loving Father to you if you do not allow Me to solve your problems and guide you around and away from the evil traps set by the devil?
   I am your Father.  You must LET ME BE YOUR FATHER.
   Then Peter gave an instruction that was more emphatic than some other apostles wrote to their churches.  He wrote that My children must stay calm but be always VIGILANT -- meaning to be constantly on the lookout for evil from outside of you and from inside of you in your thoughts -- because your enemy the devil is prowling the earth like a lion looking for someone whom he may devour.  You notice that Peter said "may" devour.  In other words, you allow him to deceive you and devour you by your inattentiveness to your thoughts and you succumb to the passions of the flesh with which he tempts you.  The devil knows that he "can" devour you because of the authoritative power that Adam gave to him in the earth; but he also knows that, because of the free will that I gave to My children, that you have the free will to allow or disallow his temptation to cause you to yield to doing his will.  That is why he has to use deception, in order to trick you into yielding your will away from doing My will and instead choose to do his evil will.  That is why Peter said to be VIGILANT.  I said through Isaiah that you must be a watchman, always on the alert to identify evil thoughts, words and actions that come from hell that are sent to destroy you.  (Ezekiel 33:7)  He wrote to believers to stand up to the devil, being strong in faith, being consoled that your brothers and sisters all over the world are suffering the same thing in the battle against evil thoughts, words and the urges toward doing evil actions.
   Peter wrote that believers would only suffer in the war against evil for a little while because I will solve all problems for you when you resist the devil, cast out the demons and stay strong in your devotion to Me.  I will not only provide the solutions, I will also strengthen, confirm and support you.  (Mark 16:17; James 4:7)
   My power is everlasting.  My power in you lasts forever, never wavering in the least bit, but instead increasing in supernatural power the more you pray in the Holy Spirit, as revealed by Jude. (Jude 20) Your instructions are to walk in the Spirit and pray in the Spirit and everything will work together for your good. (Romans 8:14, 26 and 28)  Be led by My Holy Spirit + pray in My Holy Spirit = everything working together for your good.  Being led by My Spirit means that you are only obedient to My voice in your thoughts; plus, praying in the Holy Spirit means that you allow Me to speak out the solutions to all of your problems; both together equal allowing Me to make everything work together for your good.  You can't only be led by My Spirit and not pray in the Holy Spirit for everything to work for good in your life.  You can't only pray in the Holy Spirit and be led by the temptations of the devil for everything to work for good in your life.  You must be led by My Holy Spirit for the spiritual atmosphere around you to be conducive to My blessings to flow into your life.  You must pray in My Holy Spirit in order for My words to enter into the world through your mouth and send solutions to all of the problems that the devil has brought into your life.  When you do those two things, I am able to make everything in your life work for good and bless you with My abundant life while you live in the earth. 
   Be vigilant to watch for evil temptations in your thoughts.  Resist them and cast them into hell.  Also be vigilant to guard your mouth and do not allow anything negative, destructive, harassing or bitter to exit your mouth.  Instead, pray in the Holy Spirit in your prayer closet at all times and in all occasions which not only builds your faith, but also allows Me to speak out the solutions to your problems to the angels who are sent to serve you. (Hebrews 1:13-14)
   Instructions, admonitions and advice from Me relating to your enemy, the devil, are always necessary so that you will win the battle against the demonic principalities and powers in the atmosphere around you who entice you in your thoughts to do the devil's will in the earth.
   Your Father of All Power Which I Graciously Share With You

No comments: