Friday, May 10, 2019

PETER'S WARNINGS AND INSTRUCTIONS

My Dear Precious Child,
   Peter wrote to the believers that they are visitors and sojourners in the earth, temporary residents who will eventually be returning to their original home in My heaven where they originally existed and from where all life in the earth began.  Because My children of promise are only visitors in the earth, Peter challenged you to keep yourself free from selfish passions that attack your mind.  You are a representative of My character to the unsaved people, so he wrote that you must always behave honorably among the unsaved so that they can see your good works for themselves and glorify Me.  Then when your life on earth comes to an end, you will give thanks to Me for the very works of My Holy Spirit which at the present time make the unsaved people denounce you as being deceived.  (I Peter 2:11-12)
    Even though you belong to a heavenly kingdom, part of Peter's warnings were that you must subject yourself to the officials of the governing authorities so that you will be considered good citizens and that will silence what foolish people say about you in their ignorance of spiritual things.  You must not be a slave to anyone except that you must obey My guidance so that you can avoid participating in the works of the devil.  You should behave as free individuals but do not let your freedom be an excuse to engage in wickedness.  Have love for all people and respect for your community.  You should only be in awe of Me and My power; however, you should give human respect to governing officials just like you do to everyone. (I Peter 2:13-17)
    In a marriage wives should honor their unbelieving husbands so that the husbands will find themselves won over by the way their wives behave, seeing how faithful and conscientious their wives are to the Good News.  He instructed married women not to dress for show but instead to let their inner beauty of a loving, kind disposition be their outward attraction.  He wrote that the ancient women of faith were obedient to their husbands and that the women of Peter's day should also live good, peaceful lives.  He stressed that women must not give way to worry or fear, as is the mental programming of some women.(I Peter 3:1-7)
    Peter continued speaking about marriage and wrote that husbands must always treat their wives with consideration in their marriage together, respecting her as one who is equally an heir to My life of grace which is available to all females, males, Jews and Gentiles.  He emphasized that men must treat their wives with love and keep peace with them so that both of their prayers can be answered. (I Peter 3:7)  
    As representatives of your most secure citizenship that is in heaven, Peter wrote that workers must obey their bosses not only when they are kind and gentle but when they are unfair.  There is merit in putting up with the pains of punishment if it is done for My sake when you are innocent of a wrong, but there is no merit in enduring punishment if you have done something wrong.  (I Peter 2:18-20)  The seeds you sow are always returned to you, the good ones and the bad ones.  You must consider Christ Jesus, how he endured punishment for you and left an example for you to follow.  He did nothing wrong and he never perjured himself in order to protect himself.  When he was tortured, he made no threats but He put His trust in Me and My plan of salvation for all of the world.  He bore the sins of the whole world in His own body so that you might die to your faults and passions, thus living for My goodness and kindness.  Always remember that by His wounds you are healed.  You once went astray but you came back to the Shepherd and Guardian of your soul. (I Peter 2:21-24)
   If you will always do what is right, no one can hurt you but if you have to suffer for doing good, you must count it as a blessing.  Don't fear or worry about an evil person, simply revere Me in your heart.  Always be ready to give credit to Me for My strength in you when you are asked the reason for your hope and endurance.  Give the reason for your strength with respect and a clear conscience so that the people who slander you when you are living a life of love will be proved wrong in their accusations against you.  It's always better to suffer for doing good than it is for doing wrong.  In other words, do not oppose anyone but instead bring peace to every situation.  When you do, you have sown seeds of righteousness which will always return to you and enhance your life with peace. 
   Christ Jesus set the perfect standard for refusing to oppose anyone when He was harassed and abused.  My Spirit will give you the power and strength to do the same thing, bringing peace to every situation.  Sowing peace and love at every turn in your life will multiply and bring 100 times more peace and love to flow into your life on earth.  (I Peter 3:13-17; Matthew 13:18-23)
    Peter's letters mirrored the letters of Paul, John and James and they all mirrored the teachings of Christ Jesus.  They were good disciples of His because they knew the rewards are abundant.  They were privy to the truth that your doing evil in your actions is always because you have been obedient to the temptations from the devil which are sent into your mind so that you will obey the devil and he can curse your life on earth.  I am always coaching My children on the benefits of discerning the voice of My Holy Spirit in their minds and I am always warning about the curses that come from neglecting to discern the voices of the demons who run rampant in the earth seeking whom they may devour.  My children who follow the good voice of My Holy Spirit will emerge from every temptation with the reward of peace for their mind and the rewards from My love for your choosing good over evil.
   It's a war between good and evil in the earth.  Choosing good over evil always earns rewards from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:2-4)  I said that you must believe that I am and that I am a rewarder of those who diligently seek Me.  (Hebrews 11:6)  Seeking Me should be a lifelong pleasure for My children because My Fatherly rewards are abundant.
   My rewards are abundant for My children who diligently seek Me for wisdom, for knowledge, for strength, for healing, for guidance and for My peace which passes human understanding.
   Your Father of Divine Generosity

No comments: