Thursday, May 16, 2019

TIME MEASUREMENTS

TIME MEASUREMENTS
My Dear Precious Child,
   In Peter's second letter to the Christians he tried to bring back to the memories of the believers the prophesies and the commandments of Christ Jesus, encouraging them to remember My promises.  He reminded them that I said that in the days of My new and last covenant with My children that there would be scoffers, the kind who always please themselves by obeying their own passions, doubting the coming of Christ and saying that there was also that belief when their fathers lived and died without His having come into the earth, saying it's been the same way since the beginning of the earth.  He said that the scoffers forget that there were only the heavens at the beginning and that the earth was formed by My speaking My words out of water and between the waters so that the world was eventually destroyed by being flooded by water.  Peter prophesied that the same heavens and earth will be destined for fire that is being reserved until judgment day so that all sinners will be destroyed.  Even though he had switched his emphasis from that prophesy to teaching about My children becoming My image by their determination to know Me intimately so that they become My love, peace, goodness, kindness and mercy, he eventually began to remind them again about  prophesies about fire coming from heaven and destroying sinners.
    Peter was so disturbed by the false prophets and their habits of leading My children away from faith in Christ Jesus that he switched back to his former teachings about hell, fire and damnation.  Peter's belief in the destruction of the world in what he expected to be the day of judgment had gained him lots of criticism and scoffing.  He was determined to preach that sinners would be judged harshly by Me.  Even though in the same letter he had written that in the past the sins of people had authorized the devil to cause their own destruction and death, he could not get rid of his emphasis on the judgment of sinners and that it would come from Me.  His attitude was in response to his disgust in the fact that the false prophets had been successful in wooing many of his flock away from Christ and reverting back to Jewish law.
    He explained the delay in the return of Christ to earth by reminding the readers in his second letter that a day is like a thousand years to Me and a thousand years is like a day to Me.  So, therefore, his assumption was that maybe the delay in Christ's return to earth was because the "soon" period that they were led to believe in would actually be a thousand years and maybe several thousand years.  He wrote that I was not being slow to carry out My promises but that I am being patient with everyone, wanting nobody to be lost and everybody to be brought to the point of changing his ways.  In other words, Peter was writing that Christ Jesus, in My mercy, had delayed His coming because of His compassion for all people.  Peter's belief was that that day will come like a thief, that the sky would vanish, the elements in the earth will catch fire and fall apart, and that the earth will be burned up.  His beliefs are at the basis of all of teachings that are called the hell, fire and damnation preaching that is still prevalent in the earth in your day.  Somewhere is his preaching the truth of My love for everyone and the forgiveness of Christ Jesus for the sins of the world and the truth of My never ending mercy got lost in his hope that sinners and false prophets got what he considered their just punishment from Me. 
    Peter used his hell, fire and damnation sermons to instill fear in My children in an effort to try to entice them to live holy and saintly lives while they waited for the day to come when the sky would dissolve and the elements melt in the heat.  He was eager for the new heaven and the new earth which had been prophesied many times when the righteous would go home.  Again he warned the believers to live their lives without spot or wrinkle so that I will find you at peace.  He told them to think of My patience as your opportunity to be saved.   He reminded the believers of Paul's letters and his wisdom about this matter, but said that Paul's writings were hard to understand, points that uneducated and unbalanced people distort in the same way that they distort other scriptures.  He wrote that they had been warned about this many times and that they should not be led astray by unprincipled people.
    Even though Peter challenged the believers to continue to grow in grace, favor and in the knowledge of Me, he tended to use fear to motivate the believers, just like Peter had used fear against Ananias and Sapphira which resulted in their deaths. 
    When My children are born of My Spirit, they are changed in the twinkling of an eye from being motivated by fear to being motivated by My love and forgiveness for themselves and for all of mankind.  My words bring life, not death.  My words bring hope, not despair.  My words bring peace, not conflict.
    Even though Peter participated in the miracle on the day of Pentecost of the beginning of My new and last covenant with My children, the covenant of the Holy Spirit, even witnessing the hearing of the rushing mighty wind, which had been prophesied as a whirlwind, and the visible tongues of fire resting on the heads of the children of promise who were gathered in the upper room, he did not recognize that as the culmination of prophesy.   The fires from the angelic hosts allowed My Spirit to burn the generational demons out of My children as they were baptized in My Holy Spirit confirming Ezekiel's prophesy. (Ezekiel 10)  Yet, Peter must not have recognized that as the culmination of My promise being fulfilled.  It was the beginning of the fulfillment of Matthew 13:36-42 when Christ Jesus taught on My kingdom of heaven coming into the lives of My children when My children are purified by the ministry of the Holy Spirit.  It was the fulfillment also of John the Baptist's prophesy that My children would be baptized in My Holy Spirit and fire. (Matthew 3:10-12) 
   The heavens became new on the day of the first Pentecost because Christ Jesus had redeemed the authority to the earth and heaven back from the devil when He was in hell, and He gives it back to My children when they are baptized in My Holy Spirit.  The earth becomes new in the lives of My children when My children of promise become inhabitants of My kingdom of heaven while they still live in the earth and the righteous have a new spiritual home with new citizenship.  Their devotion becomes to My kingdom of heaven which is inside of them and surrounds them.  Behold, there is a new heaven and a new earth every time one of My children becomes born of My Holy Spirit and baptized in My Holy Spirit.  (Isaiah 65:17; Isaiah 66:13-22)  Many demons are exorcised from My children in the earth and sent to hell when My children become new, as prophesied by Christ Jesus. 
    Peter was blinded by the Jewish interpretation of old covenant scriptures, thinking that they were earthly rather than spiritual, terrestrial instead of celestial.  In doing that, he was blinded to what had happened to him when He was born of My Spirit by Christ Jesus and on the day of Pentecost when My Holy Spirit had come to earth to baptize him with My entire kingdom of heaven and fire. (John 20:19-23; Acts 2:1-4)
    Your mind must be constantly open to My Holy Spirit and His interpretations to you about His ministry in the world, that of completing the ministry of Christ Jesus in the earth for My children of promise which is to make you into My image with My power to overcome the works of the devil in the earth.    
    Your Father of Love and Peace

No comments: