Sunday, May 19, 2019

JOHN'S VIEWS OF GOOD VERSUS EVIL

JOHN'S VIEWS OF GOOD VERSUS EVIL
My Dear Precious Child,
   After the apostle John extolled My love and its many rewards in his letter to the believers, he warned My children about the evils of the spirits of antichrist which deceive My children and even is successful in enticing them away from the Good News of Christ Jesus and place people back under the Law of sin and death.  Some of My own born again children became enticed back into the pig pen of being enslaved by the devil and his passions of the flesh by the lust for power, sex and political attention, plus the domination of others for their own selfishness which brings fears and worries.  John was so enamored and humbled by My love that he was compelled in his letter to again praise Me for My merciful love for all of My children.  (I John 3:1) 
    John wrote that My children must think constantly about the love that I have lavished on you by allowing you to be called My children because that is what you are.  He reminded you that because the people of the world, and especially the children of the Mosaic Law, refuse to acknowledge Christ Jesus, they also do not acknowledge My children.  He wrote convincingly, addressing you as "my dear people," and reminding you that you are already My children, but what you are to be in the future has not been revealed.  However, as you know, the truth is that when He is revealed to you, you will be like Christ because you will see Him as He really is. (I John 3:1-2)
      He wrote that, surely, everyone who entertains that hope must purify themselves and try to be as pure as Christ was when He walked in the earth.  He knew that sinning is breaking the law.  But you know that the reason I sent Him to earth was to abolish sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.  He repeated his admonishment that he earlier wrote, that you should not let anyone lead you astray; but, instead, you must live a holy life and be holy as Christ is holy.  Only by the power of My Holy Spirit can you do it by refusing the temptations that creep into your mind from hell because to lead a sinful life is to belong to the devil who was a sinner from the beginning.  John wrote that My Son appeared in the earth to defeat the works of the devil.  
    John's explanation on how to stay holy is the knowledge that no one who has been born of My Holy Spirit sins because My seed of life, the Holy Spirit, lives in you. (I John 3:3-10)  He is the same Holy Spirit who spiritually went into Mary and created My Son Jesus, and He enters into your own spirit and creates a new individual, My child of promise who endeavors to do My will so that you receive My inheritance of life, love, peace and joy instead of the devil's inheritance of destruction and death.  My Holy Spirit changes your genetic makeup to My family of goodness and kindness.  My kingdom of love becomes your true country of origin and citizenship.
    John's instruction on how to distinguish My children from the children of the devil is that anybody not living a holy life and not loving his or her brother is no child of Mine.  He reminded you and My other children that that truth is what you heard from the beginning, that you are to love one another.  He said not to be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one, and cut his brother's throat simply because his own life was evil and his brother lived a good life. 
    The apostle John explained in his letter that you should not be surprised if the unbelievers hate you.  You have passed from death into life and you prove it by loving your brothers and sisters in the earth.  He even said that if you refuse to love the unlovable people in the world, then you must be dead because to hate anyone is to be a murderer, and murderers do not have My eternal life in them. (I John 3:11-15)
    The letter emphasized that what has taught love to you is the example of Jesus Christ who gave up his life on earth for you, so you should give up the hatred, the selfishness, the pride, the deceit, the conflict, the division, the bitterness for other people and the old life which was motivated by the fleshly passions.  He said if a person is blessed with riches and he or she sees that one of his brothers or sisters is in need but closes his heart to the needy, how can My love be living in that person?   His insight is that My love is not just in words but is real which results in kind and good actions.  Only by this can you know that you are a child of the Truth and be able to quieten your conscience, because I know everything.  John surmised that if your own conscience does not condemn you, then you will not be afraid in My presence.  Whatever you ask of Me, you will receive because you keep My commandments and live the kind of life that I ask you to live, unencumbered by the devil's sins.  John quoted a condensed version of what Christ taught to the disciples, that My commandments are that you believe in the name of My Son Jesus Christ and that you love one another as Christ told you to do.  He simplified it even more by saying that I live in whomever keeps My commandments and that person also lives in Me.   He wrote that you know that He lives in you by the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit which He gave to you.  (I John 3:16-24) 
   Oh, that My children would live in My love, the same love that I lavish upon them.  When you do, you are truly My children because you have loved other people just like I love you.  It is the power of My Holy Spirit who empowers you to do what Paul told you to do: if your enemy is hungry you must feed him, if he is thirsty then you must give him drink, and if he injures you then you must turn the other cheek, then you must forgive him and pray for him.  I said through Paul that when you treat your enemies with love that you are sending the angels to minister to their thoughts by enticing them to desire to make peace with you because you have summoned My forces of love to act in the situation instead of the devil's demons of conflict and war. (Romans 12:20; Proverbs 25:21-22; Ezekiel 10:2)  My Love is power, the most powerful force in the earth and the heavens. 
   Beloved, you must love one another because love comes from Me.  I said that love covers a multitude of sins, yours and the person to whom you extend My love. (James 5:20; I Peter 4:8)
   Your Loving Father of Peace

No comments: