Sunday, May 5, 2019

REFUSE TO YIELD TO ANGER

My Dear Precious Child,
    In the Holy Spirit's advice through James about how to facilitate the flow into your life of all of My blessings which are good and which enhance your life with an abundance of rewards from Me for taking My instructions to heart, James wrote in his letter to be quick to listen to people but to be slow to speak and slow to anger.  (Hebrews 11:6; II John 1:8) He said it perfectly when he wrote that anger stops My righteousness from filling your life with good things.   He said to do away with all of the demonic impurities and bad habits which are still in you that you have not cast out or you have not overcome by refusing to yield to them.  Instead of getting angry he wrote that My children must accept and submit themselves to My words which have been planted in you and can save your soul.  He quantified it by saying that you must do what My words tell you.  In other words he wrote that you must not only be a listener and deceive yourself instead of being a doer of My word which brings My abundant life to you. (James 1:19-22)
   He went further and said that to be only a hearer of My words instead of a doer also is like looking in a mirror and seeing your features quickly but going away and forgetting what you look like.   Instead, he wrote that you must look long and steady in the perfect law of liberty and make sure that My instructions are your minute by minute habits, not listening and then forgetting My guidance but by putting My advice into constant practice.  If you put My advice and guidance into practice in your life you will be happy in all that you do. (James 1:23-24)
   No one must think that he is My spiritual child while he or she still goes on deceiving himself and refusing to keep control over his or her tongue.  If you still lose control of your temper, you have the wrong idea of what it means to be My child.  James knew that being My child is becoming My hands and mouth to the orphans and widows when they are in need, supplying words of encouragement, financial help, guidance, and loving them as I love them.  Then he added that being My child means to keep oneself uncontaminated from the demons who are still in the world and the generational ones which were passed down into you by your parents.  He knew that binding oneself to demons of anger, division, strife, despair, fear and other offending spirits would cause those demons to come between My children and Me and make the sacrifice of Christ Jesus of no effect in their lives. (James 1:26-27; Isaiah 59:1-2)
    Another nugget of wisdom from James writings was that you do not try to combine faith in Christ Jesus with prejudice, social class consciousness and snobbery which are commonly done under old covenant Law.  The devil uses the Law that he places in your thoughts to cause you to judge other people.  He even gave an example by saying suppose that a person comes into your church beautifully dressed and adorned with gold rings, and say at the same time a poor person comes in dressed in shabby clothes and you take notice of the rich person and invite him or her to take the best seats but tell the poor man to stand at the back or sit on the floor.  He said that by that action you have shown that you have two different standards in your mind and you have made yourself a judge of the poor man, and a corrupt judge at that.(James 2:1-4)
   He wrote to the Christians that they must listen to these words that follow: it was the poor of the world that I chose to be rich in faith and to be the heirs to the kingdom which I promised to those who love Me.  In spite of knowing that truth, many of My children have no respect for people who are poor.  He contrasted the actions of the rich and the poor by reminding them that it was always the rich who were against My children, that they are the ones who insult the name of Christ Jesus. (James 2:5-7)
   Instead of being conscious of social classes of people, James wrote that the right thing to do is to keep the law of the scripture that says that you must love all of your neighbors as yourself.  He went further to say that anyone who makes a distinction between classes of people are committing sin and are under condemnation from the devil for breaking the last commandment of Christ who said to love other people as I love you.  (James 2:8-9)
   James was adamant about certain sins which he had observed My children committing in the normal course of action in their lives.  One is the tendency to allow their tongues to rule their lives and the other is to judge other people by their financial security or lack of it.  James mirrored Paul in his criticism of the lack of spiritual fruit of My Holy Spirit in believers.  They were privy to the truth that judging others would bring the devil's judgment upon themselves and that the habit of never controlling their tongue would give permission to the devil to curse their lives with his destruction and death.  Both of those new covenant prophets who spoke for Me were filled with truth and endeavored in their teachings to keep you on the straight and narrow path that leads to the abundant life of peace and joy while you live in the earth.  (Matthew 7:14)  Jesus said that few find it, but when My new covenant of the Holy Spirit began, many people began to find the narrow path that I created for them that leads to the abundant life.
   Listen to the words of James and the words of Paul and follow their instructions because I spoke through their writings and their teachings, just as they confirmed the words that Christ Jesus proclaimed.
   Your Father of Fatherly Advice

No comments: