Thursday, September 15, 2011

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY



Dear One,
Remembering that the object of gathering together is to encourage each person in the development of a one to one relationship with Me, you must be careful that the organization does not become more important than each person's relationship with Me.
What happens so often in organized groups, the group itself become the focus and I am left out of the center of the organization. Obligations and duties toward making sure that the group is successful becomes the focal point. Attendance becomes a binding law. Perpetuating the organization takes over the lives of all those involved. Then communing with Me, which was the reason for the gathering together at the beginning, takes a back seat, or in many instances it takes no seat at all.
My children often gather together with needs which need to be met but they are so over organized that their basic need for a one on one relationship with Me in which all of their needs are met is quickly forgotten. Only the needs of the organization are at the forefront. Attendance goals and busy, busy, busy functions begin to complicate the lives of everyone. Then the desires of their hearts for oneness with Me is hidden away and ignored in deference to the needs of the organization.
Many organizations build beautiful edifices while most of the people who contribute to the perpetuation of the edifices live in substandard houses. Everyone begins to sacrifice for the organization and I become left out when the organization becomes a god, their reason for living and the foundation of their existence. I am talked about as one who acted on behalf of My children, but only as a memory of things I did in the past.
I want to be the vital, loving, caring, healing, nurturing, guiding and life-giving Father who cares for every one of My children. That can only come through an intimate, personal relationship with Me through My Spirit.
That's what the focus should be in any organization which gathers together in My name, teaching and encouraging everyone to hear My voice. Don't let a person or an organization filter My words for you, interpreting My will for your life.
Direct communication with you is My desire. Let it be your desire, also. When that becomes reality in your life, then hold on, you are in for the thrill of your life because you are the apple of My eye and life will become a joy.

Love, God
Ephesians 1:15-23; Ephesians 3:14-20; John 17;21-23.


photo from: www.safeharbor-church.org "Here's the church, here's the steeple, open the doors...

No comments: