Sunday, September 18, 2011

MARTYR SPIRIT



Dear One,

Be cautious of the martyr spirit which wants to attach itself to any of My children who will allow it even a minutes of contemplative thoughts. The martyr spirit gets its power from condemnation and guilt.
The martyr spirit will tell you that you have to suffer for Jesus.
Jesus already did all the suffering necessary to keep My other children from having to suffer. He is the Big Brother who defeated the devil, the bully of the world, for you. Jesus did it all for you, sacrificed His life for you and the rest of My children.
The suffering that you do is in your battle that takes place in your mind. Refuse to believe the accusations of the bully, the lies of the bully, the judgments of the bully, the temptations of the bully and the condemnation of the bully. You really don't need to suffer those because you have My words and My Spirit, which raised Jesus from the dead. When He lives in you, any suffering that the bully imposes on you can be rejected and sent to hell. The only failures in that endeavor happen when you fall for the condemnation that the bully imposes on you when he tells you that you are a sinner and you deserve to suffer. That lie nullifies My truth that you are justified in My sight because you are My child.
Call the devil what he is, a bully who comes to rob and cheat and steal from you.
Tell the bully who you are, My child, blessed and loved by Me, called to the abundant life which is free from his torment.
Choose whether you want to be My triumphant child or whether you want to be a "poor me" person who is called to suffer.
Don't make the victory of Jesus null and void by choosing to suffer by the hands of the bully; he is a cruel taskmaster.
Choose life instead of death. Choose blessings instead of curses. Choose joy instead of sadness. Choose to believe Me rather than to believe the bully and his words sent to defeat you.
I desire that you have life and that you have it more abundantly. Declare that promise of mine to the bully when he tells you that you must suffer. Tell him your brother Jesus already performed that feat and overcame all of the bully's works.
You have heard it said that you should not believe everything somebody tells you. You must not believe everything the negative thoughts tell you. They are bully-words. Refuse to believe them.
Only believe what I say to you in your mind which are positive, encouraging, peaceful, joyful, gracious, good, kind, merciful, and loving words. Those words will overcome the bully every time.
Love, God
Romans 4:24-25; Romans 10:9-10; John 10:10; I John 3:8; Romans 8:1.


martyr photo from: http://www.artmight.com/ (elder female martyr)

No comments: