Monday, October 31, 2011

TRUE REPENTANCE



Dear One,
Always remember that it is My goodness that brings a man to repentance. It is never condemnation, guilt or judgment that brings a man to true repentance.
To repent means to turn from injurious ways and begin to adopt beneficial ways, to make a complete U turn and go in a safe direction.
Repentance always involves a change. If there is no change in habits, in attitudes, in thoughts and speech, then there is no repentance.
A person would not truly desire to change and go in a new direction if he is guaranteed judgment, guilt and condemnation on the new path. He needs to know that when he changes to My ways that he will be loved, respected, treasured and coddled by Me and he will experience the benefits of being My child, which are the abundant life free from all condemnation, guilt and judgment.
A person would not want to change from the devil's ways to become flooded with more of the devil's condemnation, guilt and judgment because of the change. I promised life more abundantly to My children. I didn't promise condemnation, guilt and judgment to My children.
The one who condemns and judges and heaps guilt upon you is the devil. Those are the most effective tools with which he afflicts My children. Then those who don't know Me and My love will think that I am the one who afflicts.
You know that I do not afflict any of My children. You know that My nature is love. You know that My true character is One of forgiveness, and not condemnation.
Teach My forgiveness and My love and My mercy. Then people will want to turn from the devil's ways which bring guilt and condemnation and they will choose My ways which guarantee love, forgiveness, joy, mercy, goodness and kindness.
People will rush to Me when My true nature is expounded upon.

Love, God
Romans 3: 4; John 12:47; John 3:16; John 16:27; Romans 5:5; Romans 5:8; Romans 8:28; Romans 8:38-39;

No comments: