Sunday, August 28, 2016

KINGDOM LIVING - PERSISTENT PRAYING AND LOVING


Dear One,
     The teachings of Jesus in the parables are comparing daily living scenarios to the truths of My kingdom, given to encourage My children to follow My admonitions.  In response to their asking Him, He had taught them to pray an effectual prayer.  He taught them to pray that My kingdom would come on earth and that My will be done on earth just as in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)  So My will being done n the lives of My children are prerequisites to My kingdom living becoming a reality in the earth. 
    For instance, in the earliest teachings of Jesus He taught you to love your enemies and to do good to them instead of returning evil to them.  When you do what He advised you to do, your enemies become your friends, no longer your enemies, and that part of My kingdom of heaven becomes a reality in your life.  When you do what Jesus told you to do, My peace will reign in your life instead of the devil's conflict and turmoil reigning in your life.  (Matthew 5:21-26)
    Later in His teachings in a parable Jesus used an earthly situation to teach My children to be persistent in praying and not to lose heart and give up.  He used the story about a judge who was not a believer in Me who was constantly pressured by a widow for him to protect her against an adversary.  He refused for a time but became overwhelmed by her persistence and was afraid that she would drive him crazy with her demands so he relinquished and protected and avenged her.  (Luke 18:1-5)  In explanation, Jesus said that I vindicate My children who persist in praying day and night and I will not delay but I will vindicate them speedily.  Jesus knew that some of His disciples would miss Him deeply after He was crucified and He was assuring them that He would vindicate them speedily after He rose from the dead.  He wanted to caution them to be persistent in their praying and in waiting for His return.  (Luke 18:7-8)  He returned and appeared to over 500 people for 40 days after He rose from the dead and before He ascended into My heaven to live with Me. (John 20:11-16; John 21:15; Acts 1:3-6)  My children who took the advice of Jesus and waited in Jerusalem for My promised Holy Spirit are the ones who were vindicated speedily.  It is the same today for all of My children if they are persistent in praying and doing My will in the earth.  Solutions to problems will flood into their lives from Me and kingdom living while in the earth will be the result. 
     My children who are persistent in following My admonition to be baptized in My Holy Spirit are the ones who are supernaturally equipped to experience My kingdom living while in the earth because they have My power in their lives in the person of My Holy Spirit.  It is My Holy Spirit who provides the power and the love to My children that equips them to live My kingdom life while in the earth.  The problem is that My children want Me to hurry up and come back to earth to provide all of the changes in the earth that will give them kingdom living.  Yet, My children are reluctant to do My will in their lives now by following My admonitions, My insights, My wisdom and My guidance in doing the most elementary of things, loving their enemies and doing good to them. (Matthew 5:21-26)
    One of the first things Jesus spoke to My children involved being peacemakers in the earth, and He said that the people who keep peace are called My children.  (Matthew 5:9)  He said that the meek and the humble are blessed and that they will receive their inheritance while in the earth. (Matthew 5:5)  He also said that the merciful obtain mercy, yet the devil's judgment instead of My mercy is prevalent in the lives of My children.  (Matthew 5:7; Matthew 7:1-2)  He said that My children who seek to do My righteous deeds in their dealing with other people will be blessed by Me, filled with My goodness. (Matthew 5:6)
    Kingdom living is available to those of My children who seek to have My righteous thoughts and attitudes and those who do My loving deeds in the earth.  Listening to My Holy Spirit and then taking His advice is the key to having kingdom living while in the earth. You are empowered by the power and the love in the person of the Holy Spirit who lives inside of you.
    If you love Me, you will follow the admonitions that Jesus spoke when He walked the earth, that you love others as I love you. (John 13:34)
     Your Loving Father
   

No comments: