Monday, September 19, 2016

KINGDOM LIVING - GREAT IN THE KINGDOM

Dear One,
    When Jesus said that My children are the light of the world, He was talking about My children who are motivated by My love, My peace, My mercy, My meekness and so forth as He had identified in the Beatitudes. (Matthew 5:1-12) He had just said that those of My children would be abundantly blessed and be a light in the world and salt in the world that had not lost its taste. (Matthew 5:13-16)  He was concerned that the people would think that He had come to destroy the principles in the laws and the truths in the words of the prophets, but instead He said that He had come to fulfill them.  All of the principles in the religious laws and the truths in the prophesies related to His ministry to the poor, the sick, the demon possessed, the brokenhearted and the crippled, and His dying for the sins of the world.  He accomplished every one of those prophesies.  When He died on the cross, they were fulfilled and the old covenant was finished, as He proclaimed.
     As Jesus identified the attitudes about which He taught, being blessed has nothing to do with the old covenant laws because the laws were powerless to empower My children to do My will.  Not until the coming of My Holy Spirit did My children have My supernatural power to do what I asked them to do in order for them to have kingdom living while in the earth.  Jesus said that anyone who breaks one of His instructions and teaches others to do so is least in My kingdom.  (Matthew 5:19)   His command was always to love others as I love you. (John 13:34)
    When He was teaching about your being the salt and the light in the world, He taught about forgiving others, about never returning evil for evil done to you, about forgiving debts, and about refusing to judge other people.  (Matthew 5, 6, 7)  In those lectures He stressed the importance of doing to others as I do to you because He knew what thoughts, attitudes and actions will open the gates through which My blessings flow into your life.
    Many of the teachings of Jesus were contrary to the written religious laws but instead were revealing the spiritual attitudes behind them which were always My love for My children.  My Spirit wrote through Paul that the letter of the law kills but the Spirit of the law brings life. (Romans 7:6; Romans 8:2; Galatians 5:18)
    Then Jesus said that your righteousness must exceed the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees or you will not be able to enter into My kingdom living while in the earth.  In saying that, He said that it had been taught to them that they should not kill but Jesus amplified that commandment by saying that His own insight into My kingdom is that if you are angry with your brother that you are in danger of destruction coming upon you because in yielding to anger you are yielding to the devil and you switch loyalties to another kingdom, the devil's kingdom  If you are in unity with his kingdom you are no longer in unity with Me, so you are in a position to receive the devil's judgment which is destruction and death.  (Matthew 5:19-22)  He said you can't serve two masters. (Matthew 6:24)
    Jesus knew that only by My power of My Spirit are My children able to love as I love you.  His instructions about your righteousness being greater than the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees is made possible by the power of My Holy Spirit living inside of you.  When He told them that anger leads to destruction, He knew the demonic spirit behind all killing is anger.  Jesus knew that if you stop your attitudes and thoughts when the demon of anger first enters into your thoughts, that it will not proceed to killings, which is the reason the devil endeavors to make you angry.  Casting out the demon of anger will stop all killings, if My children will only do it.  When you can remember to cast out the demon of anger from your thoughts, your righteousness will be greater than the Pharisees and scribes, as Jesus taught in His seminar.
    His instructions were even more explicit, since at the time the people were still under old testament laws. He told My children that if you are offering gifts at the altar and remember that someone has something against you, that you should leave the altar and make peace with the person, being reconciled, and then go back and offer your gift.  He said you must make peace quickly with anyone who is your adversary or you will end up paying the full price for the adversity in which you engage. 
    Jesus was saying to stop strife when it begins with anger so that it will not proceed to killings. Making peace will always dispense anger.  Forgiving the troublesome faults of others will be bearing their sins just like Jesus did for you on the cross.  He said to take His yoke upon you and learn of Him.
     In taking the advice of Jesus, doing what He says to do in the face of strife,  will allow Me to have an open path from My kingdom to you upon which My blessings flow.  When you become meek and humble, the paths are clear and My kingdom comes to you on earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
     It makes Me ever so joyful when My children receive the blessings of their inheritance from Me because they have followed the advice of My Holy Spirit given through Jesus.   The angels rejoice with Me because they are able to deliver your blessings to you because your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and the Pharisees.
     Your Father of Wonderful Blessings
        
    

No comments: