Sunday, August 3, 2014

TWO FOLD REPENTANCE

Dear One, Repentance is an active endeavor. It not only involves an attitude of regretting a former infraction of civil or religious laws, but it also necessitates a change in behavior. It means to turn and go the other way, to change for the better.
  Unfortunately, very often religion teaches only half of the activity that is required of repentance, that of being sorry, repenting in sack cloth and ashes as it used to be. Religion now gives the admonition to go and sin no more but be sure that you continue to feel sorry for your sins . That is still only part of the whole cleansing act of repentance. True repentance involves changing your thoughts, attitudes and your actions toward others. It involves becoming dispensers of My love and My peace and My mercy. It involves becoming forgiving of others. Repentance requires becoming a servant to others just like your brother Jesus and His disciples, giving of yourself to help the poor, the widows and the orphans. It means to become loving, kind and good toward those people whom you have wronged. Repentance is not falling before Me with wailing and self flagellation. It is standing on your feet like My child that you are and putting action to your repentance with a change of direction. I have even given to My children the spiritual power to change directions, becoming givers instead of takers, being lovers instead of haters, being peace loving instead of lovers or war, being merciful instead of judgmental, being seekers of My family life instead of evil activities, being good and kind to everyone instead of being injurious to others, being forgiving instead of holding grudges. My Holy Spirit is the power that I have given to My children to make changes in their lives which will benefit themselves and their families. He is My life, My personality, My power, My gift to My children to enable them to become My image in the earth. I said that I would take out of you a heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh, making you soft, pliable and loving. Repentance is active, not passive. When it becomes inactive it is religious, not godly. Repentance involves your going and loving others as I love you. Ezekiel 2:1; Ezekiel 11:19-20; Matthew 5:3-10; Matthew 6:1-2; Matthew 5:38-46; John 16:7-15; John 13:34-35. Photo from The Telegraph.uk        

No comments: