Thursday, August 20, 2020

GODLY FASTING

My Dear Precious Child,
    Under the old covenant with Moses it was a religious tradition of the people of Israel to fast food and drink in order to get My attention.  Yet, Isaiah was a prophet sent from Me to get them onto the right path instead of being on an ineffective path of religious practices.  During a time of gross sins by the entire country I spoke to the people through Isaiah and told them what I consider to be the effective kind of fasting.  First of all, I told Isaiah to blow the trumpets to assemble them and then to tell the people that it is their sins that separate them from Me, not any dietary problems. (Isaiah 58:1-3)  I said that they seek me day and night, desiring to know My ways as if they were a nation who had obeyed My laws and done what is just and right.  I told them that after their dietary fasting that they thought that they had gained access to Me, inquiring of Me to give them their due rewards from their gaining access to Me by their fasting food and water.  Then being perplexed, they demand of Me to tell them why I don't honor their religious fasts by afflicting themselves with no food and water and yet I haven't even noticed, just like earthly children do with their own parents when they disobey but expect rewards. 
    Through Isaiah I answered their questions relating to why their strict fasting of food and water did nothing to gain My attention.  I told the people through Isaiah that they fasted while carrying on their own plans and while fasting they drove beyond human endurance the men they had made their slaves.  I told the people and the religious and political leaders through Isaiah that their fasting often ended in quarreling and fighting, even striking each other with wicked instruments.  I told the people through Isaiah that, oh, if you would only fast in a way to actually make your voices heard by Me.  I asked them if they really thought that the manner of fasting that I respect is to observe a penitent day by lowing their heads in sack cloth and ashes?  I asked if they really called that kind of fasting to be acceptable to Me? 
    Then I spoke sternly through Isaiah by saying that this is the fasting that I wish for them to observe;  number 1. that they release the bonds of men they had unjustly had made their slaves; 2. that they untie the leather thongs they had placed around the necks of their slaves in order to control them; 3. that they let all oppressed people go free by breaking every yoke; 4. that they share their bread with the hungry;5. that they give shelter to the oppressed and the homeless; 6. that they clothe the naked when they see them; 7. and that they don't turn their backs on their own children who have sinned.  I told them that if they would fast those things which are oppressive to the least of My children, as later spoken by My Son Jesus Christ also, then My light would shine forth like the dawn upon them, that their wounds would be quickly healed, that they would be cleared of blame and their forgiveness would go ahead of them, plus My glory would be their guard from behind them.
   I told Isaiah to tell the people of Israel, the politicians and the religious leaders that when they do My kind and good actions toward the needy, the enslaved, the afflicted and the oppressed people, then I can answer when they call to Me.  I said when they would cry out to Me, that I would say, "HERE I AM," if they will do what I was telling them.  They did not know that it was their own actions of oppression toward the least disenfranchised of people that were forming barricades between us.  (Isaiah 59)  I said that if they would observe My instructions and do kind and good actions toward poor, enslaved, oppressed and afflicted people that I could hear their requests because there would be no barriers between us. 
   Centuries later My Son Jesus Christ came from My heaven to tell the Israelites the same thing but they also refused to listen.  They refused to follow His instructions that I gave through one of His predictions, the one about the sheep and the goats.  He said that the King would say to some people to enter into His kingdom of heaven and take for their inheritance the riches of My kingdom that I prepared for them from the foundation of the earth.  He said that when He was hungry those people fed Him; when He was thirsty, they gave Him water; when He was naked they clothed Him; when He was displaced and homeless, they gave Him shelter and welcomed Him; when He was sick they visited Him; and when He was in prison, they visited Him.  He said that they could enter into His Kingdom with all of its benefits.  He said that the people who were merciful and did good deeds to the needy people would ask when they did those wonderful things to people.  Jesus told them that what they did to the least of My children, they did to Him, and so they would be able to enjoy My heaven while they live in the earth.   He said that the people who oppress the poor, steal from the needy, refuse to feed and provide water for the thirsty, refuse to provide medical attention to the sick, refuse to house the homeless and refuse to visit the prisoners will, unfortunately, have hell in their lives on earth because they have made evil their god instead of making Love their God.  (Matthew 25:31-46) 
   In other words, the fasting that I choose is to serve My goodness and kindness to the hungry, the naked, the thirsty, the homeless, the prisoners, the sick and the oppressed, according to My instructions and to the instructions of My Son Jesus Christ.  The fasting that I choose are to cease yielding to evil intentions as tempted by the devil and instead to serve the needs of all of the people who are in need of earthly amenities.  
   You are My earthly hands.  I serve the needy, the oppressed, the hungry, the thirsty, the oppressed, the sick and the homeless through you and My other children.  Remember that what you do to the least blessed people in the world you do to Me.  Share your blessings with them and you will enter into My joy and peace.  The governments, political and religious leaders who oppress the needy people have stepped out of My family of blessings and entered into the evil family of hell.  Unfortunately, the devil's gifts to them are to have hell on earth, in contrast to My children who meet the needs of others and have heaven on earth because what they do to the least fortunate people, they do to Me.
    Your Father of Fulfilled Needs

No comments: