Monday, September 10, 2007

Freedom to Rest


Dear One,

The intention of your spiritual enemies is to get you in bondage to people, to doctrines and to religious laws so that you will not be free to pursue truth.
Bondage results in fear and when you are in fear you are afraid to displease your Father by venturing out into uncharted spiritual waters. When you are in bondage to religion you actually cannot venture out into new, fresh, flowing waters of the Holy Spirit because you are bound (tied) to something else or someone else.
It is My desire that you come into the waters with Me and that you experience the cleansing that I give you in My Living Waters. Often fear precipitated by bondage to doctrine tells you to cling onto something or someone in the natural world rather than walking with Me into and resting on the river of Living Waters.
My river of Living Waters is flowing within you and you must allow yourself to venture inside of yourself where I live and go on many adventures with Me through the Holy Spirit.
You have often seen people encourage children to let go of the side of the pool so that they can swim unencumbered by restraints, but the children must first learn to trust the water to hold him up. I wait patiently for My children to let go of whatever has bound them so that they can float in the Living Waters. When you float you are resting, not struggling against the restraints.
First you must learn to trust Me and trust the Holy Spirit’s ability to hold you up in My Living Waters just like the child has to learn to trust water to hold him up. You also will learn to trust My ability to protect you and guide you. I promised you that the Holy Spirit would give you discerning of spirits to protect you and I promised that He would be your guide. What more do you need? Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would take His place. He is in you to do what I promised.
Love, God
John 7:38
photo compliments of Richard Nix at www.flickr.com

No comments: