Monday, January 27, 2014

NEW WINE SKINS

Dear One, Jesus cautioned about putting new wine into old wine skins. Paul related it to a second marriage as opposed to a first marriage. The difference between the relationship of My first covenant with a country through who My Son Jesus would come and My relationship with My children in the last covenant is that I want to have a one-on-one relationship with each one of My children. Jesus shocked the religious leaders when He called Me Father. They considered it blasphemy because they only knew Me as a king because that was the custom of their country. Jesus introduced Me to My children as their Father. He even called Me PaPa.

  When a person only knows Me as King instead of knowing Me as Father or PaPa, then that person doesn't have a personal, intimate relationship with Me. He or she only knows Me through the description of another person, not through the relationship which I promised in the new birth through the person of the Holy Spirit. Peter made the mistake of putting the same relationship with Me under the old covenant with a nation onto My children under the new covenant, requiring the same requirements of sacrifice, observing the old customs, and other religious laws. Paul had spent two years in the desert with Me through My Holy Spirit, so he knew Me through personal, one-on-one, intimate knowledge, knowing Me face to face. Peter had walked and talked with Jesus while He was in flesh, but he transferred the laws of the old national relationship into his new relationship with Me. It's just like Paul said, you don't bring the relationship with an old wife into a new marriage. It doesn't work. It corrupts the new marriage. Paul understood that sin gets its power from the law. He even said that there was no sin before the law was given because there was no identification of sin. He knew that satan takes advantage of the law to tempt people to sin, tempting My children to break religious laws so that he can condemn them, heaping guilt on them at all times. That is why Jesus said that the only new commandment under the new covenant with My children is to love others as I love you, because all other commandments are capsuled in love. Therefore, if you love others just as I love you, you will not take advantage of them or take anything that they possess. You will be a giver instead of a taker. Love does not kill, love does not steal from others, love does not lie about others, love does not take the mate of another person, loves does not envy someone's possessions. My unconditional love for others makes My children become perpetual givers instead of perpetual takers. You become givers of love, givers,of joy, givers of peace, givers of mercy, givers of faith and givers of patience. All of the religious laws are fulfilled in love. That's why Jesus said that He came to fulfill the law, because He had My unconditional love for people so He kept My one requirement, that love toward others was His primary motivation. When religious laws were not in the vein of love, Jesus did not observe them, such as healing on the Sabbath. Love for the sick, the broken hearted and the ones in bondage overcame the religious law. Love is the only requirement under My true relationship with My children, passing My love on to others. When you become intimately acquainted with Me and My love for you, you will not be concerned with religious laws, using them to condemn others or yourself. You will only be concerned with loving other the same way that I love you and all of My children. Therefore, you will fulfill the one commandment of Jesus, that you love others just as I love you. Then sin has no power over you. Love, God Matthew 9:14-17; John 13:34-35; I Corinthians 6:12; Ephesians 1:16-22; Ephesians 3:14-20; I Corinthians 13:4-7.

No comments: